TPWD Loyalty points question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Somebody get my wheelchair ready please!
    With this covid thing, if I sneak out of the nursing home will they let me back in? I may have to hunt, err, quarantine for 14 days. Hope the depends holds...

Comment

Also, I'm building up a nutload of upland game points cause someone keeps stealing my squirrel draws. Stop that.

Comment

I don't really understand how this point system works. I have put in for several hunts over the years and not get drawn. Supposedly I should have points built up and then I find out that other hunters that put in for the same hunts for the first time get drawn with zero points and they put in for it by themselves. That makes not sense to me. I thought building up points gives you better odds than the guy that has never put in for a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
          I don't really understand how this point system works. I have put in for several hunts over the years and not get drawn. Supposedly I should have points built up and then I find out that other hunters that put in for the same hunts for the first time get drawn with zero points and they put in for it by themselves. That makes not sense to me. I thought building up points gives you better odds than the guy that has never put in for a draw.
          You do build up points and it does increase your odds, but it doesn’t guarantee you’ll get picked. As for the first timers who drew, lucky them. That’s how lotteries work.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
            It's not like some western states where the highest point holder wins. TPWD does it where you get a lottery ticket per point you have. So if you have 7 points you get 7 tickets for that hunt drawing. If someone has 1, they get 1 ticket... Their odds are low but there is still a chance they can draw over you

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              It's not like some western states where the highest point holder wins. TPWD does it where you get a lottery ticket per point you have. So if you have 7 points you get 7 tickets for that hunt drawing. If someone has 1, they get 1 ticket... Their odds are low but there is still a chance they can draw over you
              Now if you have 7 points, you have 349 tickets since they are cubing them.

Comment

I'm sitting at 12 points for Javi. I don't know what they have against me.

Comment

Pending 2nd draw for me on Pronghorn. Probably a first year applicant drew.

Comment

Maybe he won't buy the permit, and there will be a 2nd draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Maybe he won't buy the permit, and there will be a 2nd draw.
                      Curious if "points" are used in the 2nd draw or if that's just straight random. Anybody know for sure? I'd hope they're used, but never know.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Curious if "points" are used in the 2nd draw or if that's just straight random. Anybody know for sure? I'd hope they're used, but never know.
                        I'm not positive, but I think that you do lose your points if you draw in the 2nd draw. I think you get the benefit of the points again in the 2nd draw, if they actually have permits available for a 2nd draw.

If you go standby and get drawn, that doesn't affect your points one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Why would they not be? thinking too much on this one

Comment

A.friend called TPWD and they didn't know if points apply to the second draw. You definitely lose points if you draw in the second chance.

Comment

Sounds like they probably use the points then.

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Why would they not be? thinking too much on this one
                              Well, for example Colorado secondary draw doesn't use or take points. If TPWD doesn't say one way or the other then it could be either.

Comment

Working...
                              X