Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I broke my Wraith :(

The USB port doesn't always work.
    I have to jiggle the USB cable @ the scope to keep externally powered. Tried 5 different USB cables 3 was brand new.

Twist forward and a scoosh of down seems to do the trick.

I looked at website to see how to send it in for repairs. All I've seen is for warranty.
    I'll call them and go from there.

Anyone else had to send theirs in?

Was it a painful process?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

I have no personal experience, but from what I’ve heard Sellmark’s (owns Sightmark and Pulsar) customer service is excellent. I’ve also heard that they do not repair any of the wraiths, they just send out a new unit, so the process should be faster than waiting for it to get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You get what you pay for! They are not all created equal. Recoil is a biotch!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        You get what you pay for! They are not all created equal. Recoil is a biotch!

Man, what a helpful and insightful post. Too bad we don’t all have tons of disposable income to go and buy the latest and greatest of everything.

OP, I bet they can take care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          Man, what a helpful and insightful post. Too bad we don’t all have tons of disposable income to go and buy the latest and greatest of everything.

OP, I bet they can take care of you.

Hey jakeleg did I say I did? I speak from experience and know that cheaper scopes like this can’t handle recoil or abuse like the higher end models. Give me a f n break.

Email the company. Good grief lady.

Comment

Here's what happened.

I was sitting in a stack of AG Tires the landowner uses for a blind. I had the rifle lying, or is it laying, across the top tire with the barrel facing the feeder.

Had external battery power supply plugged in, it's on the right side of the scope.
            I know I laid the rifle down on the right side 2 or 3 times and maybe pushed the rifle over to the side to keep it from falling inside the tires.

I didn't realize it until 3 deer came into the feeder. As I shouldered the rifle the cable fell out and landede on my knee. The battery Icon was red, it should've been green.

I tried to get it plugged in but the end of the cable was bent at 45° angle or so, when it should've been flat...
            Ever since the USB Port hasn't worked properly.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-05-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Man, that stinks bro. Murphy has a way of always creeping in when we least expect it. I’d call or email manufacturer and see what they can do for ya. Best of luck

Comment

I’ll try and remember to check where my usb cable is for mine. I just run lithium batteries in mine and not a external power source. I can let you borrow it to make sure it’s a cord problem and not the charging port.

Comment

What is a Wraith? Some kind of scope I’m guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    What is a Wraith? Some kind of scope I’m guessing.
                    Yes HD Digital Scope

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      I’ll try and remember to check where my usb cable is for mine. I just run lithium batteries in mine and not a external power source. I can let you borrow it to make sure it’s a cord problem and not the charging port.
                      How long do the lithiums last you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        Here's what happened.

I was sitting in a stack of AG Tires the landowner uses for a blind. I had the rifle lying, or is it laying, across the top tire with the barrel facing the feeder.

Had external battery power supply plugged in, it's on the right side of the scope.
                        I know I laid the rifle down on the right side 2 or 3 times and maybe pushed the rifle over to the side to keep it from falling inside the tires.

I didn't realize it until 3 deer came into the feeder. As I shouldered the rifle the cable fell out and landede on my knee. The battery Icon was red, it should've been green.

I tried to get it plugged in but the end of the cable was bent at 45° angle or so, when it should've been flat...
                        Ever since the USB Port hasn't worked properly.

Mine did something similar. I'm a little ahead of you as I kept trying to use the port and the male end inside finally completely broke off. I just noticed it this past week so I've been using batteries only. I plan to call them this week. If you hear anything, please update this thread (or pm me) as we are in the same situation.

Comment

Sightmark is easy to deal with and stand behind their products. I had a Photon that was out of warranty and quit working. Contacted Sightmark and they said send it in for repair. They sent me an RMA number and I mailed it off, two weeks later received a newer model scope brand new in the box.

Comment

Their customer service is great. They will have a new scope at your doorstep in 1-2 weeks. Flir will take 4-8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                              Mine did something similar. I'm a little ahead of you as I kept trying to use the port and the male end inside finally completely broke off. I just noticed it this past week so I've been using batteries only. I plan to call them this week. If you hear anything, please update this thread (or pm me) as we are in the same situation.
                              I sure will [emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                              X