No announcement yet.

Serious Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purpose of life is to freely serve others.

Focus on that and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

No help here...I am 44 and joining the Army Airborne as a direct commission chaplain...

Age is just a number. Find what God has purposed for you to do and get some!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        You Sir need a corvette and a fine young girlfriend.
        X 1,000,000
        Take a breath, be thankful for what you have (even if it doesn’t seem like much right now), live life like there’s no tomorrow and love like you’re dying in 10 minutes.

Comment

Hike the Appalachian Trail! Six months of good people many of whom are in the same place you are. You may not find all the answers between Georgia and Maine but you sure are going to learn a lot about yourself, get in great shape and meet new people from all walks of life. And here’s the great part .....the best time to do it is late March to late September, You’ll be back for deer season. Spoiler alert ....you’ll look at deer hunting in a different way after your hike, but that’s probably what you need

Comment

I will say this. Been divorced twice. Current wife has left 3 times. Apparently Im a huge ahole.

So, failure as a husband.

Two oldest kids ( that lived with me since their mom left ) are basically doing nothing with their life. Son moved out before graduation because he cant stand being around me.

So, failure as a father

Very good at my trade. Started a business in 2013. Did ok then went full time. Did ok for a while, now cant find new customers and very little work. Seriously considering laying off my one employee, paid him more than 4 weeks last year to not work. Letting him go will put me back at square one, unable to grow. Maybe shut it all down, sell out and move out of state.

So, failure at business

Should have known my place as a drone employee but got uppity and thought hard work, skill and honesty could make me a living! Idiot.

So, yeah. Why? And ***? Tired of it all honestly. FTS

Comment

Dang Mike sorry to hear that. I can promise you that it's not all you. Stuff happens . Let's go fishing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                I will say this. Been divorced twice. Current wife has left 3 times. Apparently Im a huge ahole.

Two oldest kids ( that lived with me since their mom left ) are basically doing nothing with their life. Son moved out before graduation because he cant stand being around me.

So, failure as a father

Very good at my trade. Started a business in 2013. Did ok then went full time. Did ok for a while, now cant find new customers and very little work. Seriously considering laying off my one employee, paid him more than 4 weeks last year to not work. Letting him go will put me back at square one, unable to grow. Maybe shut it all down, sell out and move out of state.

So, failure at business

Should have known my place as a drone employee but got uppity and thought hard work, skill and honesty could make me a living! Idiot.

Don't give up, your best days are still ahead of you. You only fail if you give up.

Now dust yourself off, get back up on your horse, and get back to kicking ***!

Comment

Miket it takes a big man to post all the bad stuff on the public web. I don’t have the answers for you but you can read some of the past post for great comments. I will say a prayer for you and your family. I can fell your pain reading what you typed. Stay strong, stay close to the Lord and remember we all get kick or knock down in life. It how we react and come back stronger that matters. Gods speed.

Comment

Read through some old boblee threads / commentary on life.

Comment

Tagging this to read some of the responses as I’m sure there are some good ones.

I am really high strung and have a hard time sitting still. I always feel better when I have some challenge to face. School, work, hunting, fishing, working out, etc. maybe shake things up and try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

So, failure as a father

So, failure at business

There will always be lulls in business, just the way it works. Those who stick it out are the ones who make it. Don't get scared just yet. And dont think you failed just because you have to let your one employee go. Take that time to grow by yourself. If you've got the machines and the know how, you can manage a living by yourself. Be thankful that you're the one in the position having to let someone go instead of being let go.

Direct that energy into finding new markets outside of oil and gas. There's a lot of us out there that aren't in oil and gas that need machining.

Its natural to feel bad about it, but dont hold on to those feelings. Those thoughts will take you down. In business you gotta wake up everyday like its gonna be the day.

Comment

[QUOTE=SaltwaterSlick;14711113]Jason, I am sure you will get a lot of good feedback to this post, but from my experience, you are going through pretty much what everyone goes through at some point in life, some, many even go through this "funk" multiple times... You identified to me your basis for understanding in your second paragraph... The God you say you believe in made us, all of us to have an innate desire to seek Him. He created us to worship Him and to have fellowship with him. We all spend a portion of our lives seeking something without knowing exactly what it is we are seeking. Pretty much everyone sooner or later finds out whatever it is they have "found" is not "it" so we are off looking around again. Our peace in our heart does not come from hobbies, jobs, material things, or even earthly relationships to a point. I make the assumption that since you say you believe in God, you also likely believe in Satan and Hell... To give you a bit of perspective, Satan also believes in God. He has just chosen not to follow Him, but to try to overthrow Him and replace that innate desire in all of us to seek God. Satan's desire is to use the world to deceive us into seeking him rather than God... To me, it is a good thing that you are questioning where you are now and expressing a desire to find "it"... I'd encourage you to start reading the Bible and to seek out Christians and befriend them, ones that you can talk to, ones that you see and know that you feel like what they have, you'd want that too... It is a slow process but a safe process to seek God, but I can guarantee you that if you do commit to seeking Him, he will be there for you to find and you will gain satisfaction in life by realizing what you were created for and how to use the gifts that God gave you... It's sort of the old follow your dreams thing, only search yourself and ask yourself, "what am I good at?" If you're good a more than one thing, pick one and go do it... That'd be a good start.[

This is a good message for all those that are in a time of life that can’t be fulfilled with what we are doing

Comment

Working...
                          X