No announcement yet.

2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is turning out great! Awesome pics! Here’s the take from a real quick jugging trip last weekend. I may try to get after them a little more seriously this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
      This thread is turning out great! Awesome pics! Here’s the take from a real quick jugging trip last weekend. I may try to get after them a little more seriously this weekend

Perfect eating size right there

Comment

In! Ready to start running noodles!

Comment

Nothing better than catching catfish. Great thread!!

Comment

I can already smell the fish fry! Looking forward to catching some cats this year

Comment

How are y’all rigging your jug lines? I plan on making some once pool noodles hit the shelves and wondering how I should rig the drops.

Comment

I take a 2 ft piece of pvc and run it through a noodle. Cap one end and tie a 4 to 5 ft line with a fresh shad and #2 stainless hook and let her rip. I only use noodle when they are on bulkheads on Livingston.

Comment

I'm up in this thread! One of my goals this year is a meathaul camping trip down at Amistad. We threw out some noodles in December while hunting and caught a few and it was a blast. I'll be looking for tips on baits and methods and already see some good info in this thread. We did best just with earthworms. I saved a bunch of gizzards from duck season but my dogs ate most of them when I was wrapping them for freezing. Lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                    How are y’all rigging your jug lines? I plan on making some once pool noodles hit the shelves and wondering how I should rig the drops.

I do them as cheap and easy as possible- tie braided nylon tight around the middle of a 1 ft piece of noodle, cut enough line to run up then back down through the hole of the noodle and have a couple of feet of line hanging out of the bottom. Next I tie a small loop and snell on a 5/0 circle hook bait them with peeled shrimp

Comment

For the noodles -
                      2’ of 1/2 pvc. Capped at both ends.
                      Before capping the pvc I cut a 4” piece of rebar and put inside pvc tube.

5-7’ line works best for me - fished in water deeper than the line depth so they can drift. They float flat and will stand up when the fish pulls them down and slides the rebar weight down the pvc tube.

I use different noodle colors for different depths to keep them straight.
                      I haven’t been yet this year. Probably will go in mid March if it warms up and the kids can go without freezing.

Comment

I read in the regs that orange is reserved for commercial fishing. Anybody have an issue with orange noodles? Do you write your info on them all?

Comment

I read the same so was just going to use other colors than orange. I like the idea of using different colors for different depths. Are you supposed to write your info on them.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                            I read the same so was just going to use other colors than orange. I like the idea of using different colors for different depths. Are you supposed to write your info on them.

Yes orange is the only color not allowed anymore and yes you have to right your info on every one along with the date set out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am about to start targeting some eaters! I do a fish fry in the spring!

Comment

As far as color goes I personally prefer pink, it’s easiest for me to see. I write my name on the noodle and usually slap a piece of duct tape with the date on each one

Comment

Working...
                                X