50 Cal bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 Cal bullet

If you have seen my posts lately you know my dad is cleaning out his storage unit. Well I found this intake 50 cal bullet and he gave it to me. I cleaned up a bit and noticed the stamp said DM 4 after some research I found out it was made in 1944 in a plant located in Des Moines Iowa. Pretty cool find.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STX_Shooter; 02-19-2020, 12:02 PM.

Very cool piece of history!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Yep---for the old "Ma Deuce" .50 cal Browning MG. Compare that to a 5.56mm round and you can hardly believe the difference, and they make rifles chambered for the .50! Shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

Comment

Nice! Cool piece for the collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very interesting piece of history right there. I have never heard of a plant in Des Moines (or Iowa in general) that produces heavy ammo. Must of been a metal plant back in the day that got turned into a ammo dump for their part in the war effort.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
              Very interesting piece of history right there. I have never heard of a plant in Des Moines (or Iowa in general) that produces heavy ammo. Must of been a metal plant back in the day that got turned into a ammo dump for their part in the war effort.
              It was actually U.S. Rubber Company.

Comment

Working...
              X