Lets talk grilled shrimp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk grilled shrimp...

I know how some of yall hate that that title leadin but its all I had....

Wife and I love a good grilled shrimp with a ribeye or just by itself on skewers. We have our go-to "store bought" rotations we switch in and out in Ragin Blaze, Barnacle Dust, Lemon Pepper, Tony's and even a light dusting of Fiesta fajita for shrimp fajitas .....all brushed in real butter. We were talking tonight and think we need a change.

Let's hear what seasonings you like on your shrimp.

In. Lemon or lime juice is a must for us.

Comment

I havent tried it yet, but I've been wanting to get Meat Church Holy VooDoo rub. I havent had any of the Meat Church runs that weren't top notch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with Tony’s just before there done.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          In. Lemon or lime juice is a must for us.

Ah yes..I forgot that ....we do squeeze it on after the cook on the plate.

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Usually do three different batches. The first is lemon pepper with lemon juice poured on once set on the grill. The second is simply butter with pepper on one side and Tony’s on the other. The third is Sweet Baby Rays applied once put on the grill, it’s important to get all the moisture off before otherwise the BBQ won’t stick.
            And one secret is to know the owner of Emery’s down in Kemah to get the best shrimp!!!

Comment

I used to buy a bbq shrimp seasoning mix that you mixed with butter. It was crazy good.

I forget who made it.

I'm more of a fan of eating good shrimp almost any other way than grilled.

Comment

Garlic/lemon pepper butter is all I use.

Comment

Here is a FL twist for you.

Marinate shrimp for an hour in fridge in a purée of garlic and ripe mango. Ratio of 3 parts mango to 1 part garlic with just enough light olive oil to purée.

Remove shrimp from marinade, save marinade. Add lime juice to marinade and baste shrimp while grilling. You can also use orange juice in place of lime juice.

One, that you can taste the shrimp is just baste while grilling with melted butter and lime
                  juice.

Enjoy

Comment

Start with big shrimp.14ct ish. Split down the back and devein with shell on. Put on skewer with split up. Melt butter in a small bowl. Put Tonys or fiesta fajita seasoning in it and brush the split good when you start. Brush every 3 minutes for about 12 minutes on a hot grill. Don't turn them. Squeeze lemon or lime after done if you like. Pull off skewer and the shell will just slip off with butter inside. Crazy good.
                    Last edited by GarGuy; 02-24-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Brown sugar, butter, and soy sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just some lemon butter!

Comment

On the grill and smothered with Robert's Reserve Roasted Pineapple & Habonero Dip. It's spicy. But not fiery hot. Just right!

Comment

Bacon wrapped with jalapeño and cream cheese

Comment

Wrap in bacon with cream cheese. On top of pineapple slices. Or... Grill whole and glaze pineapple pie filling over the top. Then make a pineapple upside down cake with the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X