skid steer mulcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skid steer mulcher

sometime in the near future i might be buying 10ish acres of land that I will need to be cleared. it is very thick(mesquite and wesash) I would leave any mesquite that is 4-6in but everything else I want gone.

I would like to do it my self but i cannot find anyone that rents them in south tx. I can rent a bulldozer but then i would have to burn the brush piles and i would like to avoid that if possible

i have seen a few guys around that have a skid steer with the mulcher head that charge per hour just wondering how much can he get done in a day or weekend??

Not sure about a skid steer, but we are running a Barko 930 mulcher and can get up to 10 acres per day cleared depending upon the diameter of trees and how thick the growth is, etc. We are primarily clearing cedar and even though it shreds the trees into mulch, it generates a lot of debris that you may want to pile up and burn anyway. We just leave it on the ground and eventually the vegetation will grow up through it. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

I’ve got a buddy with a few forestery mulcher. I think he has a 1500-2000 minimum. He travels all over. Let me know if you need his contact

Comment

I would try and doze them out so you have a better chance of getting the roots, otherwise they're just going to come back.

Comment

yes I think your right about debris. another idea is to dig a hole and push everything I can into it and burn it, then after I can use the hole for a pond

I burned about 18 piles of brush at my in-laws place this weekend. just always worried with the high wind about the fire getting away from me and causing a bigger problem

Comment

Shredding with of those trees is just going to **** them off. You’re going to need to grub them.

Comment

Bobcat of Fort Worth rents them. Maybe there is a Bobcat dealer down there too?

Comment

I have looked at renting them. It was very expensive. I think because its easier to mess it up or catch it on fire if you dont know what you are doing.

Comment

Don't mulch em. You will have stumps and debris everywhere. Go rent a D3 or D4.

Comment

Rent a skid steer with a grubber and a rake.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                      Don't mulch em. You will have stumps and debris everywhere. Go rent a D3 or D4.

This x 10000
                      I've done both...u end up with wood chunks everywhere and sharp ones to poke ur tires

Comment

push and burn!

Comment

ok ok yall convinced me.

I had a feeling that's the route I needed to go

Comment

I’m doing both, dozer and mulching. I’m using the dozer where I plan on using a disk for pasture/food plots and the mulcher along the fence lines. I have a 15’ sprayer that I plan on using afterwards, that’ll help speed the stump rotting and will torch anything from growing for a couple of years anyway. I’m also planning on burning my place next year and hope that’ll take care of the mulched debris. Not sure that helps but, if you’re still looking at renting a skid steer and mulcher/brush cutter look at CAT, they rent them.

Comment

creek bottom, I run a JD333 with rage disc mulcher on my ranch in Goliad I would not rent it but we might be able to work a deal on clearing out how you want your acreage. I use it on the ranch and it does good job and if you back drag it while mulching you can really make it pretty nice. If you bring dozer in then you have to deal with finishing dirt work. You can spray it if it ever tries to start coming back but I have had little trouble with that in the last 6 mths where i have used it. you will have some sticks to contend with vs traditional drum mulcher but can be done cheaper and I have had no issues with flats driving over these areas. If you get serious we could always give you bid. I dont do for a living but might be close by to your acreage. just fyi

Comment

Working...
                              X