6.5 CM Model Seven question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 CM Model Seven question

I never considered a 6.5 Creedmore but its apparent the ammo manufacturers have adopted it and its here to stay.

Remington announced at shot show 2020 a 16” Threaded Model Seven and I’m interested.

What is an optimal barrel length for this caliber?

Optimal is 22”ish. The 16” threaded barrel is “optimized” for hunting with a suppressor and still have a nice compact package. Unless you plan on shooting over 500yds, 16” will work fine for normal hunting ranges. The pencil thin barrel of the Model 7 isn’t the most accurate. Don’t expect benchrest accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never had a standard profile seven that wouldn’t do a ragged hole, even after heating up

Comment

If its the one with the KUIU camo pattern it looks pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
          If its the one with the KUIU camo pattern it looks pretty sweet
          They dropped that version, the new ones will be Mossy Oak Bottom land and the addition will be 6.5. I guess it will be the 308, 300BO, and 6.5 C

At this point I’ll probably just get the 308.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
            They dropped that version, the new ones will be Mossy Oak Bottom land and the addition will be 6.5. I guess it will be the 308, 300BO, and 6.5 C

At this point I’ll probably just get the 308.

I just picked up my 308. It’s the ss with the Hs stock. Still selecting a bullet. The first 2 billets I shot out of it were 150g. I’m gonna go up to 165g and see if I can tighten up the groups a bit. I was getting about 3/4” groups with the 150’s. Plenty accurate for a hunting rifle for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              I never considered a 6.5 Creedmore but its apparent the ammo manufacturers have adopted it and its here to stay.

Remington announced at shot show 2020 a 16” Threaded Model Seven and I’m interested.

What is an optimal barrel length for this caliber?
              Anybody else want to touch on barrel length for the 6.5?
              Just got a can on mine. It’s right at 50” now!

Comment

I’ve decided in the 308 version, they are taking too long releasing the 6.5

Comment

Working...
                X