Favorite hog bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
    Poured diesel on the corn in our trap. Its been 4 weeks and not one pig will go in the trap! They will eat the corn our feeder throws out side but won't go in.
    stop throwing outside. They'll go in

Comment

Never used it in a trap, but rice bran has been very good bait for hogs.

Comment

If just attracting hogs for shooting or for big traps just use corn.
        For small box traps 3x4x8 type I use steamed crimped corn and mix with almond milk.
        The crimped corn soaks up moisture and the scent travels a long ways. The almond milk is candy especially to the smaller hogs which is the typical size caught in small traps.
        Also the almond milk smells good and doesn't get nasty all over your truck, boots, gloves etc...
        I have caught over 300 hogs a year in small traps and this is my go-to recipe.

Comment

Last hog I caught, I baited the trap with corn, covered in raspberry jello powder, sprinkled some diesel on it , then topped it all off with a very bloody dead coon.

Worked great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

corn werks

Comment

I recently heard of folks doing this with success; so I’m giving it a try.

Forty bucks for a truck bed-full of expired products from a bread distribution facility. Everything from loaves of white and wheat sandwich bread to cinnamon/raisin bagels and Mexican sweetbreads. Had to be over 500 bags. It took me all afternoon to rip all the bags open and make piles at each of our stands and traps. The pictured pile was 1/6th of the load.

Will report back.
              Attached Files

Comment

5 gallon buckets filled with corn and some cheep beers poured over it put lid on set in sun for a few days they love it.

Comment

Sweet feed for donkeys.

Comment

Sour corn works great. They can smell it a long ways off and can’t resist it.

Comment

Saccharine or any liquid artificial sweetener, anise extract, and peanut oil in a spray bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        I’ve played with it all. CORN is your answer.

But if you wanna play too...soured corn got the most response for me. Beer and water.
                        I would dig a 2 foot hole and fill it half the way up with sour corn. I used 1 regular cours beer and water.

Deer and Weimerainers love it also. I built a box to keep my dog off it and twice she broke in and got blind drunk...........
                        Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 03-11-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                          How long does it take to ferment?
                          Depends how hot it is. 4 to 6 weeks......

Comment

Only reason I am concerned about using "JPC" is catching a deer

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5217.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	24617662

Name:	IMG_5218.JPG
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	24617663

Name:	IMG_5219.JPG
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	24617664

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Only reason I am concerned about using "JPC" is catching a deer

[ATTACH]1004250[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1004251[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1004252[/ATTACH]
                              I’ve had as many as 5 bucks in a 4 panel trap at a time, eat every kernel and never trip it. Lol. Like ninjas. Only deer I ever caught jumped out of one with the dang door still wired up

Comment

This one has a top so no jumping out or I would already have it set.

Have a cam on it and will be checking to see how much deer activity around it before I set

Comment

Working...
                                X