Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Sure!

Breakfast is usually 3-4 pieces of bacon or sausage with 5 eggs cooked in the hot grease.

Lunch is usually either a 10oz steak (tbone or ribeye) or 1 lb of ground.

Supper is a pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

It's cheap FOR ME because-
    *we have chickens, means we dont have to buy eggs

*I was lucky enough to harvest 3 deer this year, meaning I have ground for days.

*boneless, skinless chicken breast is ridiculously cheap. I bought 3.5 pounds at walmart for 8 bucks and some change.

*my inlaws gift us a 1/4 cow every year for Christmas. God Bless them..

So, I'm only having to actually purchase the chicken thighs and bacon/sausage, as I have everything else already. Total cost for me if I stick to above runs me about $70 a month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Good information there. Thanks!

Comment

Yet, one of the best things from this or keto.. this is after a morning workout and finishing a meal about 45 mins ago. Blood glucose level

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Something else you can do to help with the expense of buying the meat, is to cook the meat Sous Vide... If you do that, you can buy lesser quality cuts of meat and leave them in the Sous Vide for a longer time to cook and it will tenderize the meat and actually improve the flavor... You can actually take top round and sous vide it to the point, it's almost like eating a fillet...

Sous vide is legit! It's the way to go for thick cuts!

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by gscout01 View Post
            I eat probably 98% animal based products now. Mostly wild game other than eggs and pork rinds and ribeyes here and there. I eat whatever fish I catch. Other than the occasional vegetables (rarely) it has changed my life. No more inflammation! I dont hurt all over anymore. No more indigestion. I sleep way better than I have in a long time. Have more energy. Have lost weight. Added muscle. Improved my mood. I feel lighter on my feet. My blood pressure is insanely better. If I eat carbs (Like a chicken fried steak or beer) I feel like crud the next day. Knees and back hurt again. Arthritis in surgery location hurts again. My gas is so bad I can nock a buzzard off a limb. I feel weighed down and tired just like before.

That's just my personal experience. Take it for what it's worth! It's probably not something I will stay on forever. Just due to convenience. But "lower" carb will forever be a part of my life.

Ditto!

Comment

Breakfast. 1lb ground beef

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                Breakfast. 1lb ground beef

Man, you could have Sous Vide that ground beef with some eggs n spices and a little bacon fat and made yourself a feast that actually tasted good!

Comment

I can get behind this diet

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Man, you could have Sous Vide that ground beef with some eggs n spices and a little bacon fat and made yourself a feast that actually tasted good!
                    I could've.. but I'm lazy.. haha

Cast iron with paleo powder pink seasoning.. actually pretty dang good. I will add some bacon fat next time tho!

Comment

I make 2 dozen eggs muffins on Sundays when I have time, throw some chopped bacon/sausage/ham in there and they are a great quick meal.

Comment

Eating just meat gets old after a while

Comment

Gout and colon cancer if nothing but red meat. Body can't break it down fast enough, rots in your colon if too much like a diet like that could potentially do.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
                            Gout and colon cancer if nothing but red meat. Body can't break it down fast enough, rots in your colon if too much like a diet like that could potentially do.

Oddly enough it’s not meat that rots in your colon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post

This is where rumors get started. Where did you hear this and why are you spreading it like it’s true?

Comment

Small little walmart run. 9 pounds of chicken thighs, 2 pounds 80/20 beef, 3 pounds of bacon ends and pieces.. $36.66 after tax.

This plus my eggs, steaks, ground at home.. will last me a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X