Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
    I am hearing second quarter major slow/shut down in south Texas.... Everyone hold tight. Find you a seat before the music stops.
    Where are you hearing this? All my STX customers are blowing up and asking for more and more inventory daily. I can't get into offices enough to make them all happy.

What side are you on? Drilling/Completions or Production?

Comment

Originally posted by dedduk View Post
      what rig?
      q5000

Comment

Price was looking shaky for a bit, but looks like its ticking up a little now thank God.

Sure hope it keeps moving up a bit, had to give my guy all last week off again. Nothing to do. Crap is getting old, ready for a turnaround!

Comment

picking back up for us too! little stressed out for a moment. lmao

Comment

Offshore and Mexico are keeping us afloat right now in Float Equipment sales.. Not much going for us domestic minus North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
              Offshore and Mexico are keeping us afloat right now in Float Equipment sales.. Not much going for us domestic minus North Dakota

Who do you sell float equipment for? We build float equipment if you ever need any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Onshore South Texas

I am on the onshore and surface side, hearing that the surface side is going to slow down second quarter. This comes from inside senior management resource.

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Where are you hearing this? All my STX customers are blowing up and asking for more and more inventory daily. I can't get into offices enough to make them all happy.

What side are you on? Drilling/Completions or Production?

Comment

Ughh. We are running a bit this week but at the moment it looks like next week will be another blank.

Layoff time coming up real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    Ughh. We are running a bit this week but at the moment it looks like next week will be another blank.

Layoff time coming up real quick.

Hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does send him to me

Comment

Talked to a few customers this week. Most of the Texas guys are holding steady. New Mexico seems to be cooking right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does send him to me
                        You know, this business is truly nonsensical. When I had my "contact" at yalls/your buddies shop I did a lot of work for them. I was told it was actually cheaper to send it to me than run in-house. Quality was excellent. On-time delivery second to none. Win-win. But when he left it all stopped. Havent had a job from them in at least 8-10 months.

Same thing at another place I do work for. I have been told I am too cheap and undercut the other shops they send work to. Excellent quality and always on time. But still they send work to the other shops.

Meanwhile I am paying my guy $30/hr to sit at home just so he doesnt quit and leave me high and dry if work does pick up.

Where is the sense in that?

Comment

You know, this business is truly nonsensical. When I had my "contact" at yalls/your buddies shop I did a lot of work for them. I was told it was actually cheaper to send it to me than run in-house. Quality was excellent. On-time delivery second to none. Win-win. But when he left it all stopped. Havent had a job from them in at least 8-10 months.

Same thing at another place I do work for. I have been told I am too cheap and undercut the other shops they send work to. Excellent quality and always on time. But still they send work to the other shops.

Meanwhile I am paying my guy $30/hr to sit at home just so he doesnt quit and leave me high and dry if work does pick up.

If that was a large company you were working for, they often make no sense.

Look at some of the purchases and divestitures that SLB has made in the last 10 years. They’ve wasted billions, wrecked share prices, ruined people’s lives and then lost more money. It’s unreal

Comment

I don’t control what happens at his shop and I sub nearly nothing out.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I don’t control what happens at his shop and I sub nearly nothing out.
                              I didnt mean to assume anything. Apologies. Just wasnt sure if you were part of their company or not and didnt want to insult you if you were part owner or something. I should have found a better way to word it.

Comment

All the work is in the Delaware/Permian basins out on the Texas/New Mexico border. Oklahoma shut down dead at the end of 2019 but I believe will open back up soon as there is talk of ramping up. There are some major companies with major goals and promises they have set and they have about 5 years to prove it so I believe it's about to go wide open if Trump secures this election. The doors will be blown off the industry, so if you got any plans or services I would strongly suggest getting thing in order to jump in head first when the wave comes...

Comment

Working...
                                X