Deerstand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deerstand?

Ok I'd like to rant and get y'alls opinion. so let's start from the beginning I got on a small lease this year 160 acres. I invite my moms husband to get on it. They dont have alot of money so I pay for his part and pay for 3 new deerstands. One of which I tell him is his. Although he did help me get them all situated which was a big task. Here is the kicker one of my stands has been hot all year. It's where 90% of are deer are coming to. I havent been able to hunt as much as I like. Have a new baby at home. So everytime I'm not there he has been hunting my stand. So now he has killed two of my targery bucks from that stand. Part of me feels happy for him the other part I'm a little irritated. I have spent probably close to 10k this year getting this place set up.

I would have limited him to one trophy buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah probably should write some rules. 160 acres won't produce a large number of mature deer. Your lease your rules. Make te rules clear.

Comment

Should have established rules from the get go. Without doing that, you can’t blame him for a dang thing. Remember, not everyone thinks the same way you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your probably right should have. O well guess hes tagged out now for the season lol. Guess I'll be on the look out for something new coming to the feeder.

Comment

I would leave it alone now. Next year would not be able to afford both spots with the new baby and maybe invite him a couple of times if I was feeling nice.

Comment

He has his own stand that you bought. He should hunt it and be happy. In my mind, he shouldn't be killing any of the bucks you are after. Maby a cull.

Comment

Maybe you should let him know that there will be a set of rules moving forward.

Comment

Create rules, charge him next season. If he doesn't like it then problem solved. Hunt it yourself

Comment

No rules set, tell him Merry Christmas and be happy for him.

Set rules next season.

Comment

I am happy for him but also a little irritated lol. I was planning a long weeks hunt up there this coming week in search of my target buck. Now moms husband dropped him from my stand this morning.

Comment

Pics of the deer? That would probably determine how mad I was. But in all seriousness, set some rules moving forward. It kinda sounds like you gave him the family treatment all the way through the process, and he either made the choice to take advantage of that, or just as likely, felt like the family angle extended to hunting your stand while you weren’t there. I understand that you gave him a specific stand, but was it specifically discussed that he was not to hunt yours?

Comment

[QUOTE=DeerGeek;14577903]No rules set, tell him Merry Christmas and be happy for him.

^^^^^ Very good

Hunting aint what it once was

Comment

Rules should’ve been established from the beginning when getting on the lease. So when you hit him with the rules next year there might be some animosity towards it. Since you’re paying for it if he has a issue he can go kick rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                              No rules set, tell him Merry Christmas and be happy for him.

Set rules next season.
                              I think this is the way to go. If he hunted your stands and didn't kill anything we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X