X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The methheads killed them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad00 View Post
      Dang now y’all set me up for the stalk of a lifetime! Gotta get me a good one this year so I can send some pictures. Talk to y’all in october
      "Old" Mexico is where it's at I've heard. Greatest experience of your life, garownteed.

Comment

Last year . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
          Real nice looking buck. Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Six Mile area . . That's my neighbor, btw . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Ok, me as well as others have chimed in about the small herd in East Texas. This is what you have and you want to hunt it.

Best advice up the thread was play the wind, exactly. Also offer a buffet of food product. I'd set the plot within 50 yards of the creek bottom. Feeder? Your call. I'd set it up in the plot, kill zone, middle. I would not cut down much in the way of brush. Bucks like to feel secure and high brush does just that. That also means you have to get up off the ground to see over it. Keep it concentrated and manageable. Set game cams up, min of 3, along the creek and any travel areas you notice. Move them as you get a better feel of what is going on. Then you can decide on where to throw up a bow stand.

It takes work, not just in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Sounds like a great setup for South tx.

Ok on a serious note..... Where are the deer bedding? What wind direction can you hunt it on? Can you get in and out without deer knowing? Is there a good tree for a stand or a good bush for a ground blind? Are you planning on hunting the feeder or hand corn away from it? Are you just hunting any deer or looking for a mature deer?

More info needed.
              Pay particular attention to the first question asked here. The food plot does not guarantee daylight movement. Sneaking into a mature bucks bedding area is the key. They will mark their bedding with rub lines. Be on the lookout. Jan-Feb is a good time to scout for them.

Good luck.

Comment

I am going up the weekend of Feb. 8th to get started... Thanks for the feedback.,

Comment

Aint no deer in the East!

Comment

Originally posted by Aojeda355 View Post
                    Aint no deer in the East!
                    My backyard at the camp . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Sharecropper how many pics are you going to claim as East Tx? There aren’t ANY deer here. More black panther sightings than deer. OP would be better off hunting Sasquatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        Sharecropper how many pics are you going to claim as East Tx? There aren’t ANY deer here. More black panther sightings than deer. OP would be better off hunting Sasquatch.
                        I've had a camp there for 46 years . . Back when they hunted with dogs . . I don't hunt, thus the name Sharecropper and there's more deer now than then . . I'm not gonna push a false narrative . . Sorry if the truth hurts . . lol

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                          I've had a camp there for 46 years . . Back when they hunted with dogs . . I don't hunt, thus the name Sharecropper and there's more deer now than then . . I'm not gonna push a false narrative . . Sorry if the truth hurts . . lol

#fillthepipeline
                          We all know the real truth. East Tx is no secret

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            We all know the real truth. [emoji14] East Tx is no secret
                            Amen . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                              My backyard at the camp . .

#fillthepipeline
                              Any cabins for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Any cabins for sale?
                                PM sent . .

#fillthepipeline