No announcement yet.

Favorite .257

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should see what an 87 grain SP does to a raccoon when fired from a .257 Weatherby

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
      Are you asking for a favorite model of rifle, or about what is a favorite chambering that uses a 257 caliber bullet (257 Roberts, 25-06, 257 Wby, etc)?

Mine is a 257 Weatherby in a Mark V Deluxe.
      Hard to beat the Mark V's.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
        Mine is a Weatherby Vanguard in .257 Weatherby. It only has a 24” barrel but now the Vanguard rifles in magnum caliber come with a 26” barrel. It is very accurate.
        I have this rifle in a 26’’ barrel and it is a 1/2’’ gun with premium ammo.

Comment

I have a 257 wby that shoots lights out. However it stays in the safe because it is a Kleinguenther.

Comment

Any input on a Sako in 257 weatherby?

Comment

Mine is the Ruger tang safety heavy barrel 25-06. I gave it to my son then had to search and find another one for myself. Theses old guns shoot lights out, period. The only other rifle I grab is my 280AI.

Comment

Huh ?

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                I have a 257 wby that shoots lights out. However it stays in the safe because it is a Kleinguenther.
                That’s like buying your lady big beautiful boobs and then not letting your buddies look at um

Comment

Mine is a weatherby MKV ultralight in 25-06. But the Tikka T3 lite in the same caliber is close, but my grandson in taking it over.

Comment

My .25-06’ Sendero has been my go to gun for over 20 years, still my fav to reload for and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 257 wby magnum Vanguard S2 synthetic. I won the rifle in a raffle during the previous administration and I could not find any ammo in the grain I wanted to use, and when I did, it's $84 a box. It's not a rifle to just go shoot for fun.
                      As far as accuracy, it's by far the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. And this season I have shot two deer and a pig with it. Entry and exit holes the diameter of the bullet. Inside damage was unbelievable and all three were DRT and didn't kick. Two shoulder shots and one neck shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                        I have a 257 wby magnum Vanguard S2 synthetic. I won the rifle in a raffle during the previous administration and I could not find any ammo in the grain I wanted to use, and when I did, it's $84 a box. It's not a rifle to just go shoot for fun.
                        As far as accuracy, it's by far the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. And this season I have shot two deer and a pig with it. Entry and exit holes the diameter of the bullet. Inside damage was unbelievable and all three were DRT and didn't kick. Two shoulder shots and one neck shot.
                        Weatherby ammo has gone down quite a bit this past year. You might give another check for ammo. I mostly shoot the 100 grain Spitzers in mine and is very accurate. Tried a few others as well and proved to be even more accurate. If you guys can find the 80 grain ttsx loaded ammo you will be really impressed. Very little recoil and screaming velocity. Mine shot them cloverleaf size groups. I would really like to duplicate that round some day.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                          Weatherby ammo has gone down quite a bit this past year. You might give another check for ammo. I mostly shoot the 100 grain Spitzers in mine and is very accurate. Tried a few others as well and proved to be even more accurate. If you guys can find the 80 grain ttsx loaded ammo you will be really impressed. Very little recoil and screaming velocity. Mine shot them cloverleaf size groups. I would really like to duplicate that round some day.
                          I did my barrel break in and sight in with 100 grain. I hunt with 110 grain accubond.
                          I've never been a stickler for tight groups as I feel the first shot on cold barrel at an animal is the one that counts. That being said, when I check before season my 3 shot group can be covered with a quarter. I have confidence in this round and rifle, which helps me be a better shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X