204 Ruger AR platform....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

204 Ruger AR platform....

On a whim yesterday I bought a 204 Ruger in an AR platform.
    Vulcan lower (I know, not the best)
    20" stainless barrel with a 1 in 12 twist
    Tac Star adjustable comb and LOP stock with a hidden rail.

I am excited to get it after some yotes and pigs

But does anybody have any experience with a 204 AR?? Good or bad

And BTW, if anyone wants to upgrade their collapsible 6 position stock, buffer tube, spring, etc...let me know, as I am willing to downgrade my stock for theirs.
    Last edited by K. Lane; 03-03-2019, 04:12 PM.

nothin huh??

Comment

I built one ooooh 4-5 years ago maybe? and then sold it like a year later. and like 6 months after that i got addicted to varmit hunting and wish i still had it. Sweet shooter with barnes pills out to 450 (all the space i had). people who had never shot that far before were jumping behind the gun and ringing 6" steel with it. I sold it to a TBH member...if i was to see it pop up on here again id buy it back from him.

Here is the link to my classified add with pics:

Last edited by J-Carp; 03-04-2019, 08:27 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

I like my ar in 5.56 where I can get cheap brass to reload, or cheap ammo. The only problem I would have is the cost of ammo or chasing down brass. But other than that a 204 is a lot of fun.

Comment

Dont believe you will have much luck on hogs with a .204. Gonna get a bunch of "ear hole" them, but in my experience hogs dont stay still long enough to get a bead on the ear hole.

Comment

I shot a big axis buck with a 204. Shot him in the neck. I wouldn't be afraid to shoot a hog in the head. I do shoot em with my 22 250 .

Comment

i prefer big bores (.458) for hogs but i have a close friend who has killed a lot of hogs deer and coyotes with a .204 bolt gun out to nearly 350 yards,,,, most were certainly closer and a lot of those shots were made from inside his barn with a very solid rest,,, his biggest hog was close to 300 # and was a perfect ear shot at over 200 yards,,, he had time on his side to do it right,, but if you can the extreme velocity can get it done! awesome round and someday i hope to get an ar in 204,,

Comment

I want a 204 real bad!! It’s in line, right after I get my Grendel upper.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                  I like my ar in 5.56 where I can get cheap brass to reload, or cheap ammo. The only problem I would have is the cost of ammo or chasing down brass. But other than that a 204 is a lot of fun.
                  The whole brass sentiment has me wondering about a 17hmr or 22 mag... but I get 223 range brass for free and can load it for the same price as the magnum rimfire ammo.

Comment

Hornady V-max 32 gr - Velocity 4225

Speed kills!

Don't need a ear hole, aim at the base of the skull.

Comment

Originally posted by 257 mag View Post
                      Hornady V-max 32 gr - Velocity 4225

Speed kills!

Don't need a ear hole, aim at the base of the skull.

yessir. speed kills. That is why, I too hunt with the .257 mag

Comment

204 is my favorite "little" round, love that thing

Comment

I absolutely love mine. Built it for Varmint hunting but have shot hogs with it also.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mine has killed piles of critters. Dpms barrel, Anderson upper and lower, fail zero guts, yankee hill handguard.

Just before this yote junior zapped 4 pigs from one group at 167 steps. Animals dont bleed but they fall right over

Cuts the same hole at 200 with hornady 32 grain vmax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 03-07-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Mine has killed piles of critters. Dpms barrel, Anderson upper and lower, fail zero guts, yankee hill handguard.

Just before this yote junior zapped 4 pigs from one group at 167 steps. Animals dont bleed but they fall right over

Cuts the same hole at 200 with hornady 32 grain vmax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              I wish I knew more about mine...all I know is it has a Vulcan Arms lower. Dont know anything about the upper, handguard, barrel.....nothing. I bought it used, at a gun show, and the dealer didnt know much about it

Comment

Working...
                              X