Bowtec Reign 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtec Reign 7

I just picked this bow up on Saturday! Shoots awesome! However I think the fletching are hitting my QAD rest based on the felt that is getting a little messed up that is on the rest.
    Are the QADs quick enough for fasts bows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have not had any fletching contact on my Reign 6 shooting a QAD. Mine shows wear in the in the V part where the arrow shaft makes contact. I am shooting 60lbs though. Specs say the Bowtech Ultrarest QAD was tested to 400fps with total fletching clearance.

Have you noticed any erratic arrow flight?

Comment

Yep. They are plenty fast enough. You may have a timing issue. I would ask the nearest pro shop to take a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Have an insanity with same rest, no issues. I do turn my around a certify way just to make sure they don’t make contact with the top part of the rest. Sounds like you make need to time your rest better.

Comment

Only thing I have seen is some arrows have a slight fish tail to the left and come back. I have a relaxed neutral grip with an emphasis to not torque the bow to allow contact with the cables.
            I may just need to look at the straight shooting arrows and see how I have the fletchings set with the string.

Comment

How do you time them to drop faster? Tighten the cord?

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                Only thing I have seen is some arrows have a slight fish tail to the left and come back. I have a relaxed neutral grip with an emphasis to not torque the bow to allow contact with the cables.
                I may just need to look at the straight shooting arrows and see how I have the fletchings set with the string.

If the bow is harness tuned properly, and centershot properly, and rest is timed properly, you will have zero rest contact. If you are tearing the felt, one or more of these issues needs to be addressed. That bow is not really considered a “speed bow”.

Comment

Which QAD rest?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Bowtec Reign 7

Tie it in low on the downward cable and get it coming up into the launch position in the last 1” of draw.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        If the bow is harness tuned properly, and centershot properly, and rest is timed properly, you will have zero rest contact. If you are tearing the felt, one or more of these issues needs to be addressed. That bow is not really considered a “speed bow”.

Not that I’m upset or anything but what makes a speed bow?

Comment

Which QAD rest?

Not sure if exact rest but it’s from a few years ago.

Comment

Not sure if exact rest but it’s from a few years ago.

If it is the QAD hunter, it doesn’t have the lockdown feature, and you could be getting bounce back contact. The Reign 7 IBO speed is 340, but it doesn’t get there. I would call anything that truly hits 350, a speed bow. I really like the Reign 7, and the 6. I think they’re the best overdrive binary bows that Bowtech built. What speed is your bow actually shooting?

Comment

If it is the QAD hunter, it doesn’t have the lockdown feature, and you could be getting bounce back contact. The Reign 7 IBO speed is 340, but it doesn’t get there. I would call anything that truly hits 350, a speed bow. I really like the Reign 7, and the 6. I think they’re the best overdrive binary bows that Bowtech built. What speed is your bow actually shooting?

Here is a photo of the rest on my old bow. I’m not sure what speed it is Shooting. Using 340 gold tip hunter arrows.

Comment

Working...
                              X