Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck instrument cluster lights on and powers down while driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like alternator is getting weak.

Comment

It happened to our Silverado at least 5 times last time was in the HOV it was embarrassing as hell had to back tow truck for miles to get us out of concrete barriers, was so scary wife wouldn’t drive truck anymore traded it off

Comment

dealership have different fix every time, no more Chevrolet

Comment

Check the air in your tires.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Check the air in your tires.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            Yes. That winter air will get ya. Swap for that Spring/Summer mix.

Comment

If it's not a ground issue (probably is) then find a speedometer shop. Way cheaper than a dealer. In my parts I use Zepco Speedometer Repair. All things electronic/instrument cluster/etc...

Comment

sell it while you can same thing would happen to my wifes suburban. Mechanic said wiring harness needed to be replaced but who knows. Its hard to trace down the source of an electrical problem especially when its random

Comment

Seems legit. Any help with coming down to the wire on figuring out what this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think there's a loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel!

Comment

Toyota🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        I think there's a loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel!

Pass me another beer, barkeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the short run, pour coke or dr pepper on that terminal and it will eat the corosion off for now.

Corrosion is a symptom of a bad connection somewhere, usually on the ground side.

Comment

New terminals, and Battery. If the cables are showing signs of corrosion past the terminals likely need to replace the cables. They are quick and easy to swap and relatively cheap, direct replacements available. I have noticed the Batteries with the "eye" that is suppose to show the "State of Health" tend to leak around the terminal bases. I have no clue why. Just my uneducated observation these past 20 years...

Comment

Working...
                            X