No announcement yet.

Back From The Desert: Leg II LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s prime time and the rain just let up to a light drizzle. Got 30min of legal light left.

Comment

Tuned in and following! Good luck man!

Comment

Sorry for the late update...

So like I said earlier my battery is smoked on my truck so I borrowed my wife’s GMC Arcadia. Sports Utility Vehicle my ***!!! I knew I was gonna have to get a little gangster with it coming up one hill on my way out and I didn’t make it. I got hung up on the last spot I was worried about. I called the land owner, straight to v mail... I called his son, no answer. I called the lease manager and he’s in Oklahoma hunting. The only person I know in Rusk Tx besides the bearded lady at What A Burger is EastTx. I knew he’d had a funeral earlier today so i absolutely hated to call him but he answered on the 2nd ring. Him and his sweet wife came and got me out if a bind in the pouring rain.

The TBH community may not be what it once was, but there’s still a core group that’s as good as it gets and Seth Collins is definitely one of them! He refused any sort of payment and wouldn’t hear anymore about it. He already ranked pretty high in my book, but he’s way up there now and I’m in debt to him. Thanks a bunch buddy I really appreciate it!

If I hunt in the morning it’ll be behind my house and be short. Gotta get to the Toyota house and get my truck going but hell or high water I’ll be on the stand tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          Sorry for the late update...

So like I said earlier my battery is smoked on my truck so I borrowed my wife’s GMC Arcadia. Sports Utility Vehicle my ***!!! I knew I was gonna have to get a little gangster with it coming up one hill on my way out and I didn’t make it. I got hung up on the last spot I was worried about. I called the land owner, straight to v mail... I called his son, no answer. I called the lease manager and he’s in Oklahoma hunting. The only person I know in Rusk Tx besides the bearded lady at What A Burger is EastTx. I knew he’d had a funeral earlier today so i absolutely hated to call him but he answered on the 2nd ring. Him and his sweet wife came and got me out if a bind in the pouring rain.

The TBH community may not be what it once was, but there’s still a core group that’s as good as it gets and Seth Collins is definitely one of them! He refused any sort of payment and wouldn’t hear anymore about it. He already ranked pretty high in my book, but he’s way up there now and I’m in debt to him. Thanks a bunch buddy I really appreciate it!

If I hunt in the morning it’ll be behind my house and be short. Gotta get to the Toyota house and get my truck going but hell or high water I’ll be on the stand tomorrow.
          It was no problem at all man. I believe if you always pay it forward it will eventually come back around to you some day.

P.S. Don't drive back down there in the Arcadia again. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged!! Good luck homie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                It was no problem at all man. I believe if you always pay it forward it will eventually come back around to you some day.

P.S. Don't drive back down there in the Arcadia again. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                You should see the stink eye I’m getting from momma right now... She hasn’t seen the inside either

Comment

Dang Red, I gave you credit for more smarts than that!! East Texas and red clay hills AIN'T wife-car territory! Gotta admire your dedication tho!! I was at GarGuy's on election day and we talked 'bout you some... He was showin' me some braggin' shots of deer of yester-year... You gotta talk to him 'bout his new bb gun!
                  Good luck with prime week! Hope you shoot a biggun!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Dang Red, I gave you credit for more smarts than that!! East Texas and red clay hills AIN'T wife-car territory! Gotta admire your dedication tho!! I was at GarGuy's on election day and we talked 'bout you some... He was showin' me some braggin' shots of deer of yester-year... You gotta talk to him 'bout his new bb gun!
                    Good luck with prime week! Hope you shoot a biggun!
                    I’ve been accused of a lot of things, but smart rarely makes that list. I would have made it had it not rained 36” straight while I was on the stand. I’m actually kind of impressed that he didn’t have to pull me anymore after the first pull. The check engine light has been on since I got to the gate though lol.

I’m at the Toyota house now. They said my battery likely has a dead cell. Should be back up and running here shortly and will be headed back to the river.

Comment

Good luck, I'll be that way later this week

Comment

Battery swapped out and I’m back in business with 4x4! Bout to throw a few things in the truck and head that way.

Comment

Get er done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Steve!

Comment

Following along again, stick one!

Comment

I’m in. Signal is pretty bad though

Comment

Working...
                                X