Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry man...

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
    I went to my place in Navarro county last weekend and found that my whole setup had been stolen. Stand, feeder and camera. Never had problems in the last 8 yrs. Keep an eye on yalls stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that! Make sure you file a report with the NCSO and GW as well. I hate a thief!

Comment

Ground cracking...

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I'm planning to do fall foodplots but right now I'm thinking the ground is too hard and dry to disk. Hoping we get some rain in this next round later this week.
      I have quite a few ground cracks...we need some rain badly! What type of seed are you planting this Fall?

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
        Sorry to hear that! Make sure you file a report with the NCSO and GW as well. I hate a thief!

I called the game warden. I'm supposed to meet him out there next week to see what we can do. I haven't the called the NCSO yet but that's a good idea.

Anybody have much luck locking a camera up? It seems like they'd would just break it off the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
          I called the game warden. I'm supposed to meet him out there next week to see what we can do. I haven't the called the NCSO yet but that's a good idea.

Anybody have much luck locking a camera up? It seems like they'd would just break it off the tree.

Jeff(fishndude) had this problem few yrs ago. I believe they used dummy cams with a good cam hidden to catch them in the act. Good chance they will return at some point knowing you will prob restock.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
            I have quite a few ground cracks...we need some rain badly! What type of seed are you planting this Fall?
            Yep my ground is bad, I’m prob just gonna do a mix of oats and whatever fall seed blend with clover, rape, turnnips and peas I can find at TSC or feed store.

Comment

We use a wildlife mix on our places. So far good results. I think that is the name of it too "Wildlife Mix" or something like that.

Just closed on 130 acres of river bottom land. Look forward to sharing some pics of the new place this year.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                We use a wildlife mix on our places. So far good results. I think that is the name of it too "Wildlife Mix" or something like that.

Just closed on 130 acres of river bottom land. Look forward to sharing some pics of the new place this year.
                Where are you purchasing the mix and the land.

Comment

I lived in Hillsboro back in the mid 90's. I patrolled IH-35E all the time. I used to see a lot of deer at the Hill/Ellis County line. Coming from Ellis County, at the top of the hill there was a pasture to the right that always had deer in it in the evening. They crossed IH-35E right in front of me one night and I nearly took out a really nice buck with my patrol car.

That Milford, Blooming Grove, Hubbard, Brandon, and Mertens area has some big deer in it. Or at least it used to.

I never could find anyone to let me hunt over there. I always hunted the west side of the county around Peoria, Whitney, Blum and a little around Covington. The peanut fields around Covington were always good to me.

Comment

Where are you purchasing the mix and the land.
                    Not sure where Jeffie is buying it now days at but before his time as the "ranch manager" I bought it in at Seagoville Feed Store. Its a red camo bag.

Just word of mouth for the most part on the land. Land that most where scared of to buy but its turned out to be great!

Comment

There aren't gonna be any more dry cracks in the ground now, it down poured this AM about 7 after a night of light rain and its still going. I had to spend about 30min in the open top tractor pulling trucks back to the gate because of the mud, it wasn't a fun way to start the morning.

Comment

Anybody know how much rain we got around Corsicana this weekend?

Comment

Not sure about corsicana but in that last big spell I got 6+, my rain guage was to the very top so who knows the exact but at least 6". We got another small shower sometime last week prob just a tenth or two.

Comment

Got the plots planted this weekend, went with wheat, oats, purple top turnips and a pennington wildlife mix that had peas clover and a few others. Also added fertilizer.
                            One plot is about .35 acres and one is about .78 acres.

my buck activity is almost nill since we got all the rain and we have been doing alot of construction on the cabin. hoping that changes soon.

Comment

Also has anyone. Priced any real acorn growth activity? I don’t see any acorns growing on my trees. I believ most of mine are post oak and possibly water oak or black jack oak.

Comment

Got the plots planted this weekend, went with wheat, oats, purple top turnips and a pennington wildlife mix that had peas clover and a few others. Also added fertilizer.
                                One plot is about .35 acres and one is about .78 acres.

my buck activity is almost nill since we got all the rain and we have been doing alot of construction on the cabin. hoping that changes soon.
                                Good planting before the rains but it can still get plenty hot in September which is hard on those plants. Ive moved to trying to plant sometime in early October before a rain. Not great for bow season but great for them in the winter.

No bucks on our cameras, just lots of does, which i am very happy with. Hoping to keep the herd growing, even if im the only one in the county.

Comment

Working...
                                X