What's your financial story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your financial story?

I love to hear success stories of people winning with money. Wife and I are currently doing Dave Ramsey plan and getting out of debt to change our financial journey.

Share your story?

Bout sums it up
    Last edited by dawgkllr; 12-21-2018, 07:53 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Originally posted by AgTag23 View Post
      I love to hear success stories of people winning with money. Wife and I are currently doing Dave Ramsey plan and getting out of debt to change our financial journey.

Share your story?
      Have'nt owned a credit card OF ANY KIND in over 13 years..(And yes it is doable)....
      Best decision we ever made.. We never got in over our heads but seen way to many people that did and still are.. CC are the fastest and best way to ruin your credit...

Comment

I guess I forgot to mention mine as well.

Got married young, two decent incomes allowed us to buy essentially what we desired. Woke up one day realizing we were upside down and headed nowhere financially. We are currently half way through getting out of debt (what dave ramsey calls baby step 2) and have zero interest in going back to credit cards/borrowing.

Comment

I learned many years ago that credit cards and the devil are very closely related. Haven't had one in over 18 years.

Comment

Canceled all credit cards 2 years ago. Have used envelope system for 2 years and just paid off 80,000.00 of debt. We are now debt free. Have a few thousand left for our 6 month emergency fund. After that, we will start with college fund. Stay with the plan and it works. Good Luck!

Also take an FPU class! It will help you understand the concept and give you a support group. I also listen to Dave Ramsey Podcasts. You will learn from this as well.

Comment

I got nothin

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                Canceled all credit cards 2 years ago. Have used envelope system for 2 years and just paid off 80,000.00 of debt. We are now debt free. Have a few thousand left for our 6 month emergency fund. After that, we will start with college fund. Stay with the plan and it works. Good Luck!
                Wow, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                  I learned many years ago that credit cards and the devil are very closely related. Haven't had one in over 18 years.
                  You got that right!!!!!!!! I love it when folks say it cant be done this day and age..

Comment

My wife and I just started the plan this month. We have our starter emergency fund in place, and will be on baby step #2 for a little while.... Best of luck to you!

Comment

Oh and its not just the major CC's like VISA, MC and such.. It the Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and all the outlet mall junk that gets a lot of folks.. My wife is in a business that deals with folks credit scores and SEARS and MALL store CC's has been the ruination of a many...

Avoid this junk like the plague and you will be way ahead of the game..

Comment

we did daves financial peace university course a few months ago. we don't follow it per say to a T. we do use our debit cards for gas and groceries. we have envelopes for everything else. we have our 6 month emergency fund in savings that we add to monthly. and are currently doing the debt snowball to pay off our debt. hopefully in about 2 years we will have everything paid off. it works, just gotta stick to it!

Comment

Don’t spend more than you make. I’m not rich, but it’s worked for me.

We actually use CC for all of our spending (outside of regular bills that auto draft). They’re set up to auto draft every month and I don’t see any issue with them? We’ve got a ton out of the rewards points/miles/cash back and never pay any interest.

I will add the disclaimer that my wife and I are both very cautious spenders. We may eat out once a week, don’t have fancy vehicles, etc.

Comment

About 3 years ago at 29, I decided to get serious about money. My wife and I were married 2.5 yrs ago, and after a battle I finally got her to buy in (well kinda, still working on her) on paying debt off. We made significant progress in a span of two years, paying off vehicles, her student loans, and half on mine. About 65k of debt. We have a nice emergency fund, and have only one more student loan to go to be debt free minus a mortgage. I cannot wait for that day. I only began listening to Ramsey about a year ago, and was pleased to hear that my financial goals actually fit right in line with what he preaches. We do deviate some, as we have credit cards to put normal, household expenses on. The rewards accumulated on that card gives us a nice date night every few months. We make sure to pay off the balance every 2 weeks. We have 3 vehicles paid off totaling about 35k in value

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                              Don’t spend more than you make. I’m not rich, but it’s worked for me.

We actually use CC for all of our spending (outside of regular bills that auto draft). They’re set up to auto draft every month and I don’t see any issue with them? We’ve got a ton out of the rewards points/miles/cash back and never pay any interest.

I will add the disclaimer that my wife and I are both very cautious spenders. We may eat out once a week, don’t have fancy vehicles, etc.
                              We do the same except my wife likes fancy vehicles and I like her to have them

Comment

Working...
                              X