Eye exam for contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    Also, check on the “Night and Day” lenses. These are the lenses you don’t have to take out every night. They are amazing!! I hated contacts until I finally found a doctor that gave me these lenses. *** I do not recommend this to anyone, but I wear the same pair of contacts for 4-6 months and I never take them out of my eyes ever, until I throw them away and put a new pair in. I’ve been doing this for almost 10yrs. I’ve went 6 months many times before. I have zero trouble from them. Being able to do this is the only reason I’ve not had Lasic surgery yet.
    I used to do that, all through my 20's, till the doc told me and then showed me, what was happening to the blood vessels in my eye, from lack of oxygen due to wearing them all the time. I have always worn night & day lenses too.

Comment

Originally posted by HCGedge3 View Post
      I just got contacts. Doc got them in, I got them out, and I haven’t been able to get them back in. It’s been 2 weeks and I’m starting to get the feeling it’s not going to work out. Man it really sucks. I have wore glasses for 30 years.

Good luck
      Just get used to touching your eye. For most, that's 95% of the issue. Didn't the Dr make you put them in and take them out a few times before you left the store?!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        I used to do that, all through my 20's, till the doc told me and then showed me, what was happening to the blood vessels in my eye, from lack of oxygen due to wearing them all the time. I have always worn night & day lenses too.
        What exactly did he show you?

Comment

What exactly did he show you?
          The growth of new blood vessels as they try to find oxygen. They will keep growing seeking oxygen, same as a root looking for water. Over time they will start crisscrossing the lenses of the eye, and your vision will blur from the tiny vessels, and scar tissue they leave behind.
          You will wind up with serious issues, and no fix from what I remember. I have become pretty religous about taking them out. Ole eyeball wasn't designed to have a piece of plastic slapped over it 24/7. Saying contacts are breathable is like saying Goretex wicks moisture away. Sure it does, but at about a 100th of the rate needed.
          I understand you completely though, I used to do the same thing. I think some people have a higher tolerance to contacts though, and some people they bother, no matter the type or brand

Comment

Also, check on the “Night and Day” lenses. These are the lenses you don’t have to take out every night. They are amazing!! I hated contacts until I finally found a doctor that gave me these lenses. *** I do not recommend this to anyone, but I wear the same pair of contacts for 4-6 months and I never take them out of my eyes ever, until I throw them away and put a new pair in. I’ve been doing this for almost 10yrs. I’ve went 6 months many times before. I have zero trouble from them. Being able to do this is the only reason I’ve not had Lasic surgery yet.
            definitely dont do this

Comment

My wife went to Tomball Vision Center last week. She said the office was ol timey but she liked the Dr and came out with daily wear contacts. 2920 and 249 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Just get used to touching your eye. For most, that's 95% of the issue. Didn't the Dr make you put them in and take them out a few times before you left the store?!

No he put them in and I took them out. And my eyes were pretty irritated and he said I could take them home and try and I needed to back a week later and show him. I haven’t got em back in since. I’ve tired almost everyday. I’m getting closer though.

Good luck to the OP

Comment

No he put them in and I took them out. And my eyes were pretty irritated and he said I could take them home and try and I needed to back a week later and show him. I haven’t got em back in since. I’ve tired almost everyday. I’m getting closer though.

Good luck to the OP
                  When I was first fitted for contacts, I was a freshman in high school, and the tech there at the eye center had me learning how to put them in, just coaching me to open my eyes as wide as I could, and it just wasn’t working. She kept demonstrating with her own contacts, and I could feel the fuse slowly burning out on my Dad’s patience as he sat and watched me just not getting it. I remember watching her put her’s in, and saw that her eye opened much wider than her irises, so the contact never touched her eyelids. I looked at my eyes in the mirror, stretched them open as wide as I could, and my eyelids were still over my irises a little, so as soon as the contact brushed my eyelashes I’d blink, and loose it. The old man almost fell out of his chair laughing when I said “wait a minute, you’re bug-eyed! I’m not! Let me try pulling my eyelids back with my fingers!”.

Fifteen years now, my blink reflexes still fight just as hard, I’m just better at winning the fight. Contact on the middle finger, pointer finger pulls the bottom lid down, other hand middle finger pulls the upper eyelid back.

Comment

Good luck to the OP
                    i gave up on contacts probably 3 or 4 times. decided to to try again and the way they show you how to do it doesnt work for me. i ended up on you tube watching how to videos and found one that works perfect for me.

i dont have pics or the video to link but i can try to explain it.

dont -spread top and bottom of eye open with fingers. this freaks you out and wants to close.

do- only pull down the skin under your eye leaving your upper lid free and just look up.

dont - put the contact on your fingertip (where your prints are) this created a poking your eye feeling.

do- put the contact on the side of your finger instead. raise to eye and kind of roll it on.

then release bottom eye lid and look around and contact will center.

Comment

Ive worn glasses and/or contacts for more than 20 years. I quit wearing my contacts a few years ago with the intention of just giving my eyes a break and after a few weeks I never put them back in. Went to the eye doctor on Thursday for an exam and tested 20/20. He said he doesn't see it very much buts its absolutely possible. He wrote me a prescription for 0/0 and Im turning it into the TXDPS to remove the restriction from my license I got when I was 16

Comment

Working...
                      X