• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Pretty sure they do, OGT

Can't give any examples though
    I can tell ya first hand they didn’t pay me

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      They can pay as much as they want. They never own the deer. The guy who sold it to them never owned the deer either.
      So after 59 post how does that relate to this thread? Looks as if though it could be a grand for a 300 or a 130 to answer your original question.

Comment

I do own the deer in my pens. Once released they have the same status as the rest of the deer in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
          I do own the deer in my pens. Once released they have the same status as the rest of the deer in Texas.
          I agree that you should own the deer in your pens but according to what i have read you do not. It doesn't matter how much you paid for it or if it lives in your bedroom it's still the states deer.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
            I agree that you should own the deer in your pens but according to what i have read you do not. It doesn't matter how much you paid for it or if it lives in your bedroom it's still the states deer.
            Subject to certain testing, transport and paperwork requirements, I do own the deer in my pens.

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
              I can tell ya first hand they didn’t pay me
              I was offered a non-disclosed reward for I tip I sent but told them to keep it an put it back into the program, I just wanted the perps busted. This was a long time ago so things may have changed since.

Subject to certain testing, transport and paperwork requirements, I do own the deer in my pens.
              You may think that but get CWD in your pens and the state will show you otherwise...

Comment

This is gonna get good. Popcorn

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  I was offered a non-disclosed reward for I tip I sent but told them to keep it an put it back into the program, I just wanted the perps busted. This was a long time ago so things may have changed since.

You may think that but get CWD in your pens and the state will show you otherwise...
                  I suspect that was what he meant by his testing comment.

Comment

The laws are confusing and I do not fully understand them either. Below is a link to the code.

I think it's a little different if the deer is a breeder deer born in a facility, tagged and registered vs. a deer under dmp permit that the state is allowing you to detain in a pen or high fence.

I pulled this from another article.

"Right now, every deer in the state belongs to the state–to the people, as a natural resource. Which means that if the TPWD, probably the most powerful law enforcement agency in the state, thinks your deer or a deer on your property may have a disease (or that they were imported from a different state, or illegally trapped), officers can kill several dozen animals, decapitate them, and potentially bankrupt a breeder in a single afternoon."

Comment

No, you don’t. The people of Texas own those deer.

A group of deer breeders have sued the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to protect the rights of breeders and to prevent the “needless” slaughter of a captive herd following the discovery of a con…

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                        So after 59 post how does that relate to this thread? Looks as if though it could be a grand for a 300 or a 130 to answer your original question.
                        It was a response to a post, quoted in my post, that said he thought a person could own a white tail in Texas. I was telling him that was incorrect. There are many posts on the legal ownership of deer in the thread, how does mine not relate to the thread?

My original question was answered by many. Wasn't aware that my subsequent post must be related to my original post.
                        Last edited by JustinJ; 01-17-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I hit a deer earlier on the highway maybe the state will take responsibility since they definitely like profiting off them.

Comment

If a deer got out of your pen, would you have any legal recourse to recover the deer, like a rancher would have with cattle? Honest question

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              No, you don’t. The people of Texas own those deer.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20160...f-captive-deer
                              How did the judge rule?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                How did the judge rule?
                                They lost of course. If they had won whitetail deer would have became livestock like exotics. No more deer season or regulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X