No announcement yet.

Any Coin Collectors..advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of good information in here. Another thing is to look up coin shows and go look. They can be very educational and you can see a lot of different coins, including the coins that have double dies and errors. So you can see for yourself what to look for as you are going through your collection. It is an addicting hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I see PEROW chimed in. If I was you , I would call him and arrange a time to meet and have him look at your coins. Make it worth his time even if you dont sell because it will darn sure make you money in the long haul.

Perow spent about 20 hours going through over 10,000 items of jewelry for me once. Super educational for me
      thanks for the good words-that was still probably the largest jewelry estate I have ever done. Your family was so nice and I had a great time with you guys--I need to come back down and chase a big gar with you, maybe get Oscar involved too

I love doing this even though I am not in the business anymore, I helped Mary with a coin collection years ago and I literally saw her jaw drop on the estimate

KB I sent you my number

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        thanks for the good words-that was still probably the largest jewelry estate I have ever done. Your family was so nice and I had a great time with you guys--I need to come back down and chase a big gar with you, maybe get Oscar involved too

I love doing this even though I am not in the business anymore, I helped Mary with a coin collection years ago and I literally saw her jaw drop on the estimate

KB I sent you my number
        Responded and thanks!

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat. I started saving my change when I started working back in the early 70's. Last time I counted it which was some time ago I had over $1,000 dollars and still growing. Just the thought of where to begin is overwhelming. But maybe it is time to start going through it and see whats there. I know my friends are tried of helping me move it. Hope you find some treasures.

Comment

Originally posted by 250AI View Post
            I'm kind of in the same boat. I started saving my change when I started working back in the early 70's. Last time I counted it which was some time ago I had over $1,000 dollars and still growing. Just the thought of where to begin is overwhelming. But maybe it is time to start going through it and see whats there. I know my friends are tried of helping me move it. Hope you find some treasures.
            Know what you mean...it is fun to just search what "may" be hiding.

Comment

Working...
            X