the 22lr you've never heard of!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 22lr you've never heard of!

well , i took old faithful to the ranch this weekend ... she hasn't been out of the safe in almost 25 years ... wow time flies ... in any case .. it's a Krico 340 Silhouette . so i had an old box of pmc target in the yellow box, which is what i used to shoot in the gun , so the ammo is 25 years old too, and a box of aguila target .. and i figured i'd get a few groups in at 100 yards to see how it still shoots ... now it was windy this weekend, so it's not even optimal condition, and this ammo is hardly target ammo by anyone standard .. just cheap. brick ammo .. i can't imagine what a good expensive ammo might do to shrink these groups down ... but still ... it's not too bad !

the first color target is in .1mil squares .. and i had one flyer / me getting over excited ... this was the pmc target

the second black and white diamond target was the aguila , and the dotted lines are 1/4 moa ... this ammo is not as good , i had other groups with it where one just left the pack and ruined good groups ...

in any case , with good ammo , i think it's definitely capable of moa ! which is pretty awesome for a 22lr not too many people even heard of.
    Attached Files

No rifle pics?!

Comment

I agree. We need to see this rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        No rifle pics?!

Literally the first thing that I thought! Lol

Let’s see it already! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shame on you first no rifle pictures and you left a Krico in the safe for 25 years

Comment

allright, allright ... and oh BTW , on a side note the trigger on this rifle is probably the lightest trigger on any gun i've ever handled , my TC competition frames from my NRA matches back when were 7 and 8 ounces respectively .. this one blows them away... this gun has i sh1t you not a 2 ounce trigger... as soon as you feel the material of the trigger shoe touching your finger .. you better be ready! but it's 100% safe , won't slam fire or any of that .. it's really a work of art . made in stuttgart West germany ..... well enough talk .. here is the rifle ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

2oz trigger is a hair trigger!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                  2oz trigger is a hair trigger!
                  it was designed as a silhouette gun, so you try to keep the crosshair on target and apply pressure ... so you rest on it , as soon as you get the shooting solution, just move your finder and it goes off... you really can't feel additional pressure... you have to try it and feel it to understand.. there is no trigger flinch , and it doesn't in any way move the rifle ... kinda hard to explain .. it just works..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                    it was designed as a silhouette gun, so you try to keep the crosshair on target and apply pressure ... so you rest on it , as soon as you get the shooting solution, just move your finder and it goes off... you really can't feel additional pressure... you have to try it and feel it to understand.. there is no trigger flinch , and it doesn't in any way move the rifle ... kinda hard to explain .. it just works..
                    almost like pushing a marble off the edge of a table.. if that makes sense

Comment

Nice rifle

Comment

I’ve actually seen and shot a Krico looking just like yours. Back in the late 80’s ~ early 90’s, I travelled to Winnsboro, LA to watch the world silhouette rimfire championships. Several competitors from Europe were shooting Krico rifles as they were considered the poor mans Anschutz. They were half the price of an Annie and just as competitive.

Another interesting rifle I saw at the WC’s was a NS522 that was an exact knock-off of the Anschutz 54. The rifle was made in China and imported by Kengs out of Atlanta. Every part of the rifle was interchangeable with the M54 action. During the 1992 Olympics, the Chinese rimfire shooting team used the NS522 and were very competitive. I ended up buying one for around $300 and eventually sold it.

Comment

I had a Krico .22 years ago. Mine was a full Mannlicher style stock, with double set triggers. One rifle I regret trading away...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            I’ve actually seen and shot a Krico looking just like yours. Back in the late 80’s ~ early 90’s, I travelled to Winnsboro, LA to watch the world silhouette rimfire championships. Several competitors from Europe were shooting Krico rifles as they were considered the poor mans Anschutz. They were half the price of an Annie and just as competitive.

Another interesting rifle I saw at the WC’s was a NS522 that was an exact knock-off of the Anschutz 54. The rifle was made in China and imported by Kengs out of Atlanta. Every part of the rifle was interchangeable with the M54 action. During the 1992 Olympics, the Chinese rimfire shooting team used the NS522 and were very competitive. I ended up buying one for around $300 and eventually sold it.
                            back in the day, i was at the club preparing for a match , a member walked up to me , and said "where did you get this?" i was like " do you know what this is? ", he said "sure , i won a national match with one, and i'd love to get one for my wife.. i don't remember his name , but i remember telling him how much i paid for it and he offered me double on the spot ... i obviously declined.

there was a ton of people shooting anschutz ...

Comment

That's a nice looking 22, looks like it should shoot very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X