Looking at Garmin for Boat Electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at replacing a Lowrance Elite 9Ti with Garmin Electronics. One I really like the idea of Panoptix and Two I have a friend that can get me employee discount.

My boat is a Majek 25 that I purchased from a felow TBHer last year. I fish local lakes and take it to the coast for inshore and offshore .

So looking at two units.

1. The Bow unit would be a 9" screen with Panoptix and in a bundle so I don't have to attach the unit to the deck.

2. The Console unit would be 10" with Transducer.

My questions are...

1. Through hull or Transom mount for the Console Transducer?
    2. Panoptix for the Console Unit? Ultra High Def Sonar? Overkill?
    3. Since I can get a discount...any other accessories you would add? VHF radio? Heading Sensor?
    4. Am I crazy?

Thanks in advance!

Since you get a discount go with 12s! I would leave the Lowrance on the bow for mapping and run livescope on the other one.

Comment

Why not add a Force while you are at it! There is no better feeling than having the trolling motor take you to that brushpile you just marked on side imaging and setting spot lock automatically once you arrive. [emoji3]

Probably looking at a echomap 106sv for the console with gt56. You will probably get tired of having a 9 inch at the bow (ask me how I know!). I would not fool with a thru hull ducer. What is the point when you drive as fast as I do (I have a stepped transom anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Since you get a discount go with 12s! I would leave the Lowrance on the bow for mapping and run livescope on the other one.

My man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Why not add a Force while you are at it! There is no better feeling than having the trolling motor take you to that brushpile you just marked on side imaging and setting spot lock automatically once you arrive. [emoji3]

Probably looking at a echomap 106sv for the console with gt56. You will probably get tired of having a 9 inch at the bow (ask me how I know!). I would not fool with a thru hull ducer. What is the point when you drive as fast as I do (I have a stepped transom anyway).

Excellent idea! I need to check my trolling motor for compatibility. Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

By the time we are done spending your money, you will be in a new boat and tow vehicle

9" is too small IMO for panoptix. 12's are legit as a zit though..

Comment

You have to visit Garmin.com, for any type of electronic equipment and you can get discount on your electronics equipment from Garmin Promo Codes .

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                This right here. Oh I need another if you want to order 3

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

With electronics today all of them are providing detail. Sounds like you have a way to save $ and are familiar with the operations. Easy decision

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    By the time we are done spending your money, you will be in a new boat and tow vehicle

9" is too small IMO for panoptix. 12's are legit as a zit though..

Comment

Working...
                    X