No announcement yet.

Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that trees in the ground have not increased in price, in fact they have decreased.

Comment

Paid $27 each for a treated 2 x 6 x 16 ft tonight.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Free money from the government has nothing to do with the cost of lumber going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nothing is free. The price of everything will go up.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

4-2x6 10’ yesterday not treated ... $76

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            I can tell you that trees in the ground have not increased in price, in fact they have decreased.
            I talked to my father in law yesterday and he would agree

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
              It's the middle man that drives the price up. As consumers we foot the bill for getting the product to market.

If a truck driver that delivers a product starts paying more for fuel, parts, tolls, even his morning coffee, he's passing that on to the consumer in his price increases to bring the product to market.

Ask any farmer if they are getting rich when food prices go up. I can assure you they aren't.

I'm afraid we are in for a round of hyper inflation like we've haven't seen in a long time. The price of a sheet of plywood is just one example.

Comment

Not all wood has greatly increased. I have been building cabinets with quality Russian Baltic birch plywood and maple hardwood. The price has only risen 2$-3$ a sheet over the last year. Purchased 5 sheets last week for under $45 a sheet. HD and Lowes charge that for their crap stuff.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    It's the middle man that drives the price up. As consumers we foot the bill for getting the product to market.

If a truck driver that delivers a product starts paying more for fuel, parts, tolls, even his morning coffee, he's passing that on to the consumer in his price increases to bring the product to market.

Ask any farmer if they are getting rich when food prices go up. I can assure you they aren't.

I'm afraid we are in for a round of hyper inflation like we've haven't seen in a long time. The price of a sheet of plywood is just one example.
                    This is spot on. Getting “things” from point A to point B is the issue for the most part right now. I’m in the CPG industry and transportation costs are our biggest hurdle along with increased ingredients-production costs....mostly driven by supplier’s increased costs incurred to ship said ingredients.

Comment

Has anyone looked at that composite stuff instead of regular old wood for decks? Might be becoming more attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Commodity inflation is a thing when you print “free” money. It’s not just lumber if you haven't noticed.
                        THIS is correct. free money is the recipe for inflation. There are other contributing causes, too, but free money is a MAJOR cause.

Comment

How long until this corrects and we see better lumber prices?

Comment

Ya'll keep buying...helps my profit sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                              Has anyone looked at that composite stuff instead of regular old wood for decks? Might be becoming more attractive.
                              Most of it will still be higher, but most residential applications carry a lifetime warranty against fading and cracking. It is harder to handle due to the flexing of the longer lengths, takes special screws and from the ones I used, they get hot as all get out in direct sun! Lots of options on colors and makes now. Also, most need to be put on supports beams that are only 12" centers on diagonal runs. Straight runs can be done on 16" centers at the most.

Comment

Lumber went up 65% a month after the COVID started.
                                Futures for May say possible 10-15% decline.

Comment

Working...
                                X