Mathews VXR 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews VXR 28

Walked in the bow shop the other day to pick up a box to ship my bow I sold. Was talking to the shop guy about how I was left handed and hardly no one ever has L/H bows in store to shoot before buying. Well there in the middle of the floor was a bow all by itself. L/H Mathews VXR 28 in my draw length and all. Looks sweet and I haven't been able to take my mind off of it. I'm coming from a 2015 Bowtech so I'm sure there is quiet a change.

Before I buy it, I'd like to hear any cons to them.

Thanks

Wife just got me one for Christmas, love it! The only con i have found is the weight. But thats probably the biggest reason its so quite in the hand. Best bow I've ever had so far.
    Last edited by Johnwayn34; 03-15-2021, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwayn34 View Post
      Wife just got me one for Christmas, love it! The only con i have found is the weight. But thats probably the biggest reason its so quite in the hand. Best bow I've ever had so far.
      Too heavy or too lite?

Comment

Too heavy

Comment

You will get use to it though. It won’t take long.

Comment

Just picked up the 31.5 last week and love it. Dead in hand ,super quiet.

Comment

I went from a bowtech to the halon.... I didn't know there could be that much of a difference!! The Matthews is hands down a better bow...... Blew my mind!

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwayn34 View Post

I can second this, first thing I noticed was the weight. I was switching from a z7xt and the VXR was heavier. Now I don’t even notice it, just dead in my hand flat out shooting easy draw bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great bow. As for weight...it’s right in there with every adult male model of hunting bow(all within ounces of each other) Leans to the heavier side yes, but at 28”, that’s a good thing.

Wanna get under 4#, shoot a women’s bow.

Comment

shot both the 28 and 31.5, both shot great but the 31.5 holds much more steady

Comment

I have one and my only complaint is I can’t shoot out past 85 with my HHA kingpin. Not enough riser to get me that far. Overall it’s a great bow and you will like it.

Comment

Cons, everyone wants to shoot your bow at the archery range. I have the 31.5

Comment

Love my left handed VRX-
                          Killed a buck with it in Mexico a few months back & can't wait to take it elk hunting this fall.

Comment

Bought the 28 last year and love it. The weights something people talk about but I haven't had any problem with it. I did start shooting with quiver off as well. Don't know why i waited so long to do this.
                            If you have over a 29 inch draw you'll probably like the 31 better.

Comment

From what I understand the V3 is pretty similar. Wife bought me one as a surprise for Christmas, the V3 27. ATA was way too short for me so I went back to swap it for the V3 31 and shot it while I was at the shop. It was nice. Spent about 2 hours there BSing with the shop and ended up shooting a Bowtech Revolt and couldn't believe how much nicer it was in smoothness of the draw and lack of vibration and just overall shot feeling, it wasn't even close. At the risk of hurting the wife's feelings I went ahead and ordered the Revolt instead. This may not help you much with your VXR decision, but it does stress the importance of being able to shoot the bows as you already know.

Comment

Working...
                              X