No announcement yet.

Time to Upgrade Bows, Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy a new boy every year. This year I was really excited about the Bowtech. However I stayed disciplined and shot all of them. After going home, going back to the shop, I could not get over hoe much I loved the VXR 31.5. I’m not biased at all, I buy which ever bow fits me the best. In my opinion, Elite does offer some serious forgiveness and ease of shooting. If I didn’t shoot a lot, I would choose an Elite. However, I do like the faster, less forgiving bows. BUT no matter what is said on here or on other forums, when it comes down to it, Hoyt, Bowtech, Elite, Mathews, and maybe Prime and PSE, you cant go wrong. They are all awesome.

Comment

I was dead set on getting a new prime black 3. with me being a southpaw, It's hard to be able to "test drive" different bows, without hitting several shops. luckily, i have a prime dealer right by my lease, so i was able to shoot one there. GREAT shooting bow!!! I wanted to shoot a VXR and a Kure before making my decision. My local Shop had a VXR and it took all of about 4 arrows to fall in love with it, and that's what i went with.

Wasnt able to shoot the Kure, but i do like the adjust-ability of them.

Comment

Just got my new VXR set up and i love it. Never been a Mathews fan but have to admit, they done themselves proud with this one.

Comment

After 20 years I went Mathews. First time. That VXR is clutch !!!!

Comment

Find a used Elite E35, best bow they’ve made in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
              I buy a new boy every year. This year I was really excited about the Bowtech. However I stayed disciplined and shot all of them. After going home, going back to the shop, I could not get over hoe much I loved the VXR 31.5. I’m not biased at all, I buy which ever bow fits me the best. In my opinion, Elite does offer some serious forgiveness and ease of shooting. If I didn’t shoot a lot, I would choose an Elite. However, I do like the faster, less forgiving bows. BUT no matter what is said on here or on other forums, when it comes down to it, Hoyt, Bowtech, Elite, Mathews, and maybe Prime and PSE, you cant go wrong. They are all awesome.
              Originally posted by damonator73 View Post
              I was dead set on getting a new prime black 3. with me being a southpaw, It's hard to be able to "test drive" different bows, without hitting several shops. luckily, i have a prime dealer right by my lease, so i was able to shoot one there. GREAT shooting bow!!! I wanted to shoot a VXR and a Kure before making my decision. My local Shop had a VXR and it took all of about 4 arrows to fall in love with it, and that's what i went with.

Wasnt able to shoot the Kure, but i do like the adjust-ability of them.
              Originally posted by whakm View Post
              Just got my new VXR set up and i love it. Never been a Mathews fan but have to admit, they done themselves proud with this one.
              Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
              After 20 years I went Mathews. First time. That VXR is clutch !!!!
              Yup.

I’ve been shooting Hoyt since 2006. Never thought I’d change. I went in this year to get another bow and just assumed it would end up being another Hoyt. Boy, was I wrong.

I made the mistake of shooting that Mathews VXR. I shot the New Hoyts one time just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken and I quickly put them down I picked up the VXR and shot the rest of the time with it. I was sold after the first shot...I was very impressed.

Sure didn’t see that coming but I’m now the owner of a new Ambush Green Mathews VXR 31.5. It’s my favorite bow I’ve owned.

Comment

Have had the same Hoyt for several years. Went in to the bow shop to check out the new bows and shot The VXR 28. Wasn’t planning on buying one today, but ended up pulling the trigger on the 28 after flinging a few arrows. Awesome bow

Comment

I have an Elite Synergy, (2015 I think), that I was about to put up for sale. All black , 55-65, 30” draw, and registered for the lifetime warranty. SKB hardcase goes too. PM with email if you’re interested and I’ll get you some pictures. This bow package is ready to hunt.

Comment

Here’s an E32 for sale in the classifieds:

Burried down in the bottom there is an E35 available:

Last edited by JES; 07-18-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

It's probably already been said but if you haven't had a new bow since an Elite GTO and are eliminating bows based on what you "cared for" back then, then you are truly missing out. You need to shoot them all and let them choose you. I was an Elite "didn't care for Mathews" guy for 8 years and I shot several different brands including Mathews in my new bow search last year. Mathews blew me away.....I now shoot a Mathews Traverse. That and the VXR 31.5 are greatness. Don't buy a new bow without giving them a shot at least.....then pick which one you like.

Comment

Shoot everything and decide for yourself. Lot of good bows out there. Go into shooting with an open mind and get what fits you best. No wrong answer.

Comment

My take on the bows I shot this year:

Elite Kure draw cycle isn’t what it used to be when thinking of Elite
                          Bowtech Revolt with performance mod is pretty crap, but the comfort mod is very nice
                          Prime would vibrate your arm off
                          Hoyt RX4....don’t know how anybody owns one unless you like jumpy and a harsh dump
                          PSE Evo NXT was really nice, but felt a little top heavy
                          Mathews VXR was really nice, but I like limb stops and the draw cycle just wasn’t quite there for me

Seriously, give Obsession or Xpedition a look. No dealers really around here, but you can find some really good deals on a 1-2 year old bow. And as Antlers said, 2013-2017 Obsessions are super nice. I’ve since moved on from Obsession to Xpedition, but I would own another Obsession in a heartbeat.

Comment

In. I have a 2007 Diamond Black Ice so at the very least I should upgrade the strings lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took a Revolt X home today after shooting them all. It gets to the point of splitting hairs with these things. Tons of great products on the wall, and prepare to be blown away if you haven't shot any of the flagships in 5+ years. There's normally a clear winner when stacking them all up, and once you find it don't look back.

Comment

Glad I checked back in on this! Thanks for all of the input. I guess I really need to decide if I just want to get a used budget bow to get me through a couple years or if I want to go buy brand new. Guess I need to find a day to go up to On Target and fling some arrows. Thanks again for all of the suggestions

Comment

Working...
                                X