Fooling the White tail Nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fooling the White tail Nose

I'm just curious if any of y'all think you have it figured out. I'd love to hear from you.

Wind is your friend...............that's all I know

Comment

Vanilla

Comment

good luck

Comment

Spray scent control and the wind in my face.

Comment

I'm in the group that believes you can't beat their nose if the wind is blowing at them and your bow hunting.... however, I shower a month in advance of season with scent killer shampoo/bodywash, wash all my clothes in scent killer, put them in a airtight tupperware box, use an ozonics, wear rubber boots with fox pee, get dressed in the field right before walking to the stand and bow hunt out of a fiberglass blind while keeping the windows closed until it's time to shoot. I know for a lot of people, that's taking it to the extreme, but I seem to have pretty decent luck with it in East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
              I'm in the group that believes you can't beat their nose if the wind is blowing at them and your bow hunting.... however, I shower a month in advance of season with scent killer shampoo/bodywash, wash all my clothes in scent killer, put them in a airtight tupperware box, use an ozonics, wear rubber boots with fox pee, get dressed in the field right before walking to the stand and bow hunt out of a fiberglass blind while keeping the windows closed until it's time to shoot. I know for a lot of people, that's taking it to the extreme, but I seem to have pretty decent luck with it in East Texas
              LOL #winning

Comment

Lots of “stuff” might work a percentage of the time, and a lot depends on the deers tolerance level

Nothing will work every time.

I stay as clean and “scent minimal” as I can. I use ozone bag and scent lock for one reason: get me to my stand, and IF I cross a trail or brush against something MAYBE I won’t leave enough trace that I was there. Once in stand it’s 100% reliance on thermals and wind currents, NOT what direction weather bug says it’s blowing

Comment

Wind direction is everything to me.I hunted near a silage pit once with a North wind.Thinking that nasty @zz smell would cover me.In a short tree stand,and as soon as that big ol' doe got close..Ballgame.She stomped,and blew out.
                  Young doe's,and little bucks don't seem to mind as much.I always shower,and wear scent lock clothes.Works good on the adolescent deer.But if the wind isn't right those old deer won't come in for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are hunting mature deer forget about it. You have to hunt wind and thermals.

Comment

I hunt the same stand no matter the wind direction. Don't wash my clothes in anything different then my normal clothes. Wear hunting boots not rubber boots. Don't use any cover spray but will use some doe estrus sometimes. Windows open all times. I'm about 10 ft up on my platform. Still see plenty of deer, not to say how many I've not seen because of my methods. I do have a ton of cedars around me and they are pretty strong which I think helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                        I agree with your strategy 100% and am i working on it. Definitely need to learn How to open the windows with cpl of deer inside 20yards. I do the exact opposite have windows open when i get in and get in position to shoot as soon as a deer walks in..

Comment

I spray skunk urine up wind of me while I smoke a blunt

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Snowflake Killa;14667808]I spray skunk urine up wind of me while I smoke a blunt

So the smell of skunk in all forms is the tactic?

Comment

Bowhunt in a sealed up blind. Krivoman, maverick type blind. It’s the most effective thing I’ve seen from a bowhunting standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X