Ground Blind Zippers - Slow or Fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Blind Zippers - Slow or Fast?

What’s y’alls view on opening ground blind zippers? Slow and quiet or quick and noisy to get it over with?

Does it even matter?

Thoughts and opinions please!

Man, thought about this also.

I have a blind from Gander Mountain and it is the loudest zipper I have ever heard.

I go slow.

J

Comment

Take some bar soap and rub it on the zipper that will quiet it a bit, I go fast unless I visable see deer at the feeder or in the area then I go slow to open

Comment

Rip it off like a bandaid and get it over with.

Comment

I’m a quick zipper myself, was just curious what others were doing to see if I might be making too much noise.

Comment

Fast as I can ready to get in that blind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would depend on the evening prior meal, that is if I'm trying to get out.

Comment

I usually leave mine unzipped when I leave, so at least I can get in without having to open it. Then I'm 50/50 on fast or slow zipping. My double bull blinds have a triangle shaped door, and I usually only close them about 60% of the way, just past the angle. The rest of the door stays pretty much shut.

Comment

If I think theyre near...annoyingly super slow...dragging my finger on the zipper to dampen the buzz. Oftentimes I wait for background noise...wind in the trees or trucks.

Alot of times I get impatient and rip it to get it done and over with. I always think Ive made too much noise but they come in anyhow.

Comment

Whoever invents the quiet zipper on pop up blinds should be awarded the Nobel prize. Surely there is someone out there who can come up with a quiet zipper.

Comment

I use my bow wax works pretty good

Comment

I’ve figured out on mine if I pinch the zipper tight while I’m moving it at a slow to medium pace, then it’s pretty quiet. I also rubbed it down with string wax.

Comment

Early Morning in and dusk out I'm as slow as possible with fingers over zipper. Getting out in the morning or in for the evening hunt I may just go all in fast. Just got the Rhino 600 and it has no zippers!

Comment

2 nights ago dang does heard my feathers brush up against my leg in the blind and they bolted and snorted so I stood up and zipped the windows closed slowly and they just stood there watching. It sounded loud to me but they didn't seem to care, go figure.

Comment

Bumping this up to share my story over the weekend. I took my 5 year old to a ground blind, we both ducked in, I set his chair up, and plopped him in. Then I closed the top half of the zipper full speed, andjusted a window, and Jr. says, "dad, there's a deer!"

140 inch buck was 60 yards away and had no clue we were there. Time from closing the sipper to pulling the trigger was in the 90 second range, shot him at 30 yards. You never know how it's going to go down, but this time, I'm glad I just closed it fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X