Help me decide on which Vortex Binos to take to Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me decide on which Vortex Binos to take to Africa

I reach out to Mike (Areosmith) on his thoughts on binos for Africa.

Pretty much set on 10x42s unless someone has a great reason I should go with the 8x42s.

My challenge is whether to go with the Vipers or the Razors. With a $450 price difference I want to ensure there is enough difference to make it worth it.

Let me here your thoughts please.

I have had both... still have the razors. There was a noticeable clarity difference at farther distances in my opinion. But that is really being picky over small details. Don’t get me wrong though, I took my vipers to Africa and they were fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes stick with 10x42’s I took my vipers this past September and they did everything I needed of them.

Will this be a rifle or bow hunt? Obviously glass is more important on a rifle hunt than a waterhole hunt from blinds. Also where you will be hunting could impact how much time you will spend behind them.

Comment

I do not own the Vipers but have the Razors and took those on my safari as well as on many western trips. I love mine.

Good luck to you

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. I have bow hunted Africa 4 times so I am going to try something different this time and rifle hunt. Want to get out and see some more country instead of sitting on water holes 75% of the time.

Comment

If you are already dropping that much cash, might as well go with the Razors. Vortex is good glass but you might want to look into Maven optics for IMO a better optic in a similar price range.

Comment

Went to SA in August of 17, all spot and stalk with a bow. The PH and trackers can spot animals like its a 6th sense. With that being said, take whatever binos you have because most likely they will be pointing the animals out to you.

Comment

The new Fury HDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is absolutely enough difference between Vipers and Razors. If your spending the coin to go to Africa, don’t skimp on your optics.

Your guide will likely be wearing European glass but it would be nice to see close to what he can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X