Flooded hunting area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooded hunting area

I’m hunting a new location this year… And last weekend we ended up getting almost 9 inches of rain and my entire area flooded… It literally looked like a lake… Yesterday was the first time I was able to get back in and check out the damage, I saw no deer or pig sign at all. How long before it gets back to normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the field I have to cross ...

Comment

couple 3 days they will be back to norm

Comment

Back a couple of years ago we had the trinity flood several times, and according to some guys i know they said it jacked up the hunting pretty good for a season.

Comment

It depends on how long that water hangs around. If their bedding and feeding areas stay flooded, it's gonna be a while.

Comment

I'm on the Guadalupe river and we flood all the time and it normally only takes a day or two for the pigs to come back and less then a week for the deer to come back. Sometimes though not all the same bucks come back and I'm sure it's the same with pigs but it's much harder to tell with them. When it floods it normally doesn't stay flooded for more then 4 days and sometimes only a half a day. If your area is a area that is used to flooding the animals know the routine like ours do and will be back right away.

Comment

Man that’s a lot of water

Comment

Working...
              X