Diy target stuffing/filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy target stuffing/filling

I built a 36x36x16 target but then remembered I’d thrown away the hollofil I had from the last one. Anyone know where I can get some of that plastic wrap the kind they use on pallets ? I heard this works well, I don’t wanna use clothes cause they’ll rot mildew after time!!
    Around the La Vernia area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Will, furniture cushions have good water proof filling.

Comment

Something else to consider thanks

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
        I built a 36x36x16 target but then remembered I’d thrown away the hollofil I had from the last one. Anyone know where I can get some of that plastic wrap the kind they use on pallets ? I heard this works well, I don’t wanna use clothes cause they’ll rot mildew after time!!
        Around the La Vernia area

Any place that sells moving supplies. U-Haul for sure.

Comment

I quit buying and making targets ever since I quit shooting compounds. I buy straw bails, since I shoot at least 100 arrows every day, I'd wear out store bought targets. Bails last a long time and are cheap, when they start to degrade, they make good compost.

I don't think they would stop a compound. Home made targets far out last store bought one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	119707780_3817740391587165_7916598642677475940_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	24632376
          Last edited by Bjankowski; 09-24-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I had square bales for the boys to shoot, but they’re blowing through them with their poundage increased compound bows. Thanks Bob

Comment

Plastic grocery bags stuffed tightly. It will take a bunch of them....

Comment

Old clothes works well also.

Comment

Try HD, Lowe's, TSC, etc. Feed stores are another good source.

Comment

Plastic can melt on to your arrows from the friction, clothes is the best as long as you keep your target dry

Comment

T4 also thinking of carpet

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                        Plastic grocery bags stuffed tightly. It will take a bunch of them....
                        This ^^^ works very well. Start saving now - takes a lot of them but will last a looooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                          Plastic can melt on to your arrows from the friction, clothes is the best as long as you keep your target dry
                          Melting point for bags is over 265 degrees and 350 for shrink wrap. Never reached for an arrow that hot when pulling from a target. That is more than enough to cause 3rd degree burns to the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                            Melting point for bags is over 265 degrees and 350 for shrink wrap. Never reached for an arrow that hot when pulling from a target. That is more than enough to cause 3rd degree burns to the skin.
                            Heck, down here in July and August we’re halfway to that temp on a normal afternoon...

The friction heat happens upon impact and even if just for a micro-second is enough to cause the plastic to adhere to your field point.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              Heck, down here in July and August we’re halfway to that temp on a normal afternoon...

The friction heat happens upon impact and even if just for a micro-second is enough to cause the plastic to adhere to your field point.

Lol. I forgot how hot your summers can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X