Shooting tripods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting tripods

School me on good shooting tripods the good the bad and what to look out for when looking

Following.

Comment

I use the BOG-POD RLD RLD-3 tripod. Several of my buddies do too and haven’t any complaints. Amazon has it right now for 56. 50%off regular price.

Comment

I’ve been eyeballing the BOG DeathGrip for my AR 10. Supposedly light and well built with great reviews.
        I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also following.

Comment

Following this one also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

BOG's work well. Something to be said about ball heads except for the price though.

Comment

Primos Shooting Trigger Stick Tripod. Works well in the field, simple and quiet.
                Get the tall one for standing shots. You can make it work if you are sitting, but takes some work

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  I’ve been eyeballing the BOG DeathGrip for my AR 10. Supposedly light and well built with great reviews.
                  I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Got this last week or so. Its well built but its not light. I think its going to work great for my 10 year old to shoot off of and its a good replacement for a shooting bench but I would much rather have one of the lightweight simple tripods for hunting for myself. My son was punching the same hole shooting off of it. Its pretty neat if you've never used one. The saddle and the level are not on the same page but that does not really matter. What makes the gun level is how the legs are setup in relation to the terrain you're shooting from.

Comment

I made something similar to this from one of the old style 4 wheeler gun mounts. n This is available from Amazon for around $12.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Running a LeoFoto 364C with LH-40 ball head. Been pretty happy dang happy with it for the money. For a cheap killing solution with thermal/NV while spot and stalk the Primos Trigger Sticks tripod works well. Doesn’t have a head to stabilize the rifle, but they’re quickly adjustable on the flyClick image for larger version

Name:	028E59B7-74F7-4992-B764-6C823AFA9446.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24604217

Comment

I have look hard at the bog but I'm 6'5 and dont think it will be tall enough

Comment

OP what's your intended use?
                          Stationary or sit and stalk?

Here's my personal experience. I'm not saying the ones I've used are junk. I am saying I bought them to fulfill a need, real or perceived.

Tripods:
                          Bought a Big Pod CLD ??? Intended use was a stable rest for kids to shoot off.

Couldn't seem to get it to setup in the blind. Couldn't find a good orientation with the legs and the walls.
                          Walking to and from the blind with the legs extended for a standing shot it was cumbersome and unwieldy. Trying to get the legs spread out they'd get caught in the clumps of grass or cactus or whatever. Tried using it like a monopole. Didn't like it much that way cause it was unstable.

Standing or stationary not in a blind I liked it a lot.

Bi Pod:
                          Intended use is same as Tripod.
                          2 weekends ago I bought a Bog Pod bipod to try. I'm still learning it. So far I've tried using it the blind 3X issue I'm having is it either too tall or too short.
                          Walking to and from blind I can't get the legs the same width each time so that changes the height, I'm 6'7" tall.
                          It also gets caught on stuff when I'm trying to deploy it.
                          I'm thinking of putting something between the legs to keep them there same distance away when I go to shoot of it. That means something will be hanging, clacking and getting caught on stuff.

Monopole:
                          My first and preferred rest.
                          My first shooting stick was an Allen model from Wally world. It was ok. It wasn't quite tall enough for standing shot and took to long to adjust.

I than bought a Primos Trigger Stick. It's almost tall enough and I like the way it can be adjusted quickly. Also a lot easier to deploy with out it getting caught on stuff. In the blind I just squeeze the trigger and let it retract to the correct height for shooting while seated.
                          It's a bit tall to shoot of while sitting in the ground.

I hope this helps.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-05-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drs View Post
                            I have look hard at the bog but I'm 6'5 and dont think it will be tall enough
                            Youre probably right. Im 5'11 an it could even be a little taller for me.

...^^^thought I would add to my first post that mine is the carbon fiber model and still seems bulky and heavy. I do really like that the legs adjust with a clamp instead of the twist to tighten type.

Comment

Working...
                            X