Pit Boss Austin XL vs Cuisinart Woodcreek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss Austin XL vs Cuisinart Woodcreek

Anyone have any experience with either one of these pellet smokers? I found a pretty good deal with both for about half price, so around 250 a piece. Both pretty good size pellet smokers. Thinking about switching over from a stick burner.

I've got an Austin XL and love it but won't have a need for it for the next year so I'm about to put it up for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
      I've got an Austin XL and love it but won't have a need for it for the next year so I'm about to put it up for sale.
      Why are you getting rid of it? Did you have any problems with it?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        Why are you getting rid of it? Did you have any problems with it?
        Cliff notes: House sold fast, we are building so new house is just a dirt pile, living with family that already have a traeger. I have another Pit Boss at the lake.

Comment

The temperature got out of hand once but it had a lot of build up in the bottom so it couldn't regulate apparently. Cleaned it out and no issues since.

Comment

I do t have much experience with either of those but I’ve owned several Traegers. I love my Ironwood 880!! Thing is a beast!

Comment

I habe a Pitt Boss, not that model but I love it. I still have my big stick smoker for when I want to cook a large amount of food but the Pitt Boss gets a lot of use.

Comment

I have had a Pit Boss 700fb for almost 2 years now, and have cooked on an Austin XL. With only about 3 decent cleanings since I've owned it, I have had zero issues with my Pit Boss. I'd buy one with confidence!

They lack some of the techy stuff that other brands offer, but they also come at a discounted price. Guess it just depends on what's important to you!

Comment

Keep it clean and vacuum the pellet pot after every cook and you'll be good to go. I'd go with PitBoss.

Comment

Are yall using a smoke tube to help out with the pit boss?

Comment

only time ide use a smoke tube is to cold smoke. My pit boss leaves good smoke rings without one.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                        Are yall using a smoke tube to help out with the pit boss?

I bought one to do cheese. I’m going to use it with some ribs to see if it does anything noticeable. Smoke rings aren’t a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Pit Boss XL and have had no issues with it so far. Only thing I wish it had was a fold down shelf in front of the lid so that I can put my tray on it when taking out the goods and not having to hold it.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                            The temperature got out of hand once but it had a lot of build up in the bottom so it couldn't regulate apparently. Cleaned it out and no issues since.
                            Usually the temp getting out of hand like that is due to grease fires that occur in the buildup. Clean them every now and then and it won’t happen. I’m guilty as well, so I’m not pointing fingers haha

Comment

I have a traeger at home and a pit boss pro at the ranch. The pit boss is awesome and throws a ton of smoke. Love it

Comment

Working...
                              X