Deer Tag Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Tag Question

So for some reason I guess I am having brain fart or something. When tagging a deer do you put down the ranch name or the property owners name?? I ask because many people today buy property but don't really ranch or have an ag income off of it so it is not an established functioning ranch.

Ex: Roy Rancher is the ranch owner and he calls the property the Retirement Ranch. Would you put the property name on the tag as the Retirement Ranch or could/would you put Rancher since that is the last name of the landowner??

It says property name, not owner name. So put the name of the ranch. The log part says property name I guess. The tag itself says place.
    Last edited by Dakota7493; 10-13-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
      It says property name, not owner name. So put the name of the ranch. The log part says property name I guess. The tag itself says place.
      That is what I have always done. On the flip side of that is just because someone has a place doesn't mean the "property name" is recorded anywhere or is recognized by anyone but the landowner.

Comment

If the property has a name that’s what you put there.

On places that didn’t have names I have written “private” in that spot when it was private property and never had an issue.

Comment

I have also just written private and have been checked with no issues or just a follow up question as to where it might be.

Comment

For the deer in east Texas, we just walk over to the closest mail box where the deer is laying and Whatever address is on the mail inside, we just put that on the Tag.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
              For the deer in east Texas, we just walk over to the closest mail box where the deer is laying and Whatever address is on the mail inside, we just put that on the Tag.
              you crazy east Texas folks!!! lol

Comment

How did you find a number on a mail box? All the ones I have seen in east texas are full of holes from people sighting in their rifles

Comment

Truth!

Comment

I've never really thought about it actually cause the ranch I lease is named after the owner so it's one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by cm12setx View Post
                      How did you find a number on a mail box? All the ones I have seen in east texas are full of holes from people sighting in their rifles
                      Just count the holes then. We never get caught cause 1 is as far as we can get

Comment

I have just put "Owner's name" before " Property". No issues.

Comment

If you are leasing then the land owner has to have a permit. What they put as the ranch name or name of the property is what I think should be what you put on the tag.

Comment

lol I don’t doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                              I have just put "Owner's name" before " Property". No issues.
                              This ^^^

Owners Name, Smith
                              Property, Smith Farm or Ranch

Easy

Comment

Working...
                              X