Frio River updates please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frio River updates please

Headed to Leakey for the weekend with family. Looks like the weather is cooling off with highs in the low 80s during the day and 60s at night. Should be a nice time.

Curious how the river is flowing?

Also, do y’all recommend the bat cave tour? We’ll have several kids between 5-10 years old with us.

Any other suggestions are welcome as this is my first time.

the river should be pretty high right now we just got 6.5 inches of rain in the last 10 days

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
      the river should be pretty high right now we just got 6.5 inches of rain in the last 10 days

Heck ya! Great news. How are the skeeters? They’re eating us alive at the lease near Victoria and they’re pretty bad in Houston suburbia too

Comment

Just got back from there. No skeeters. River flow is low. We found a deep spot and camped out.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
          Negative The Frio Rivershed did not get that much and is at 18 cfs right now (very low). Too low to tube, but enough to sit in the water and have fun. Where are y'all staying?

Comment

As of last weekend the river was low but there are plenty of deeper areas to hang out in. Definitely head over to Garner State Park and do some hiking. I was wondering about the bat cave tour also - looks like it would be worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Copy this link.....great source for Frio Flow and gage height

18.2....thats horrible

Comment

I would definitely recommend the Bat Cave, it is a sight to see.
                Million of bats come streaming out of the cave and looks like smoke stream going up into the sky. Hawks will dive into the stream and take out bats.
                This is just a cave on the ranch so you are standing next to the opening when they are streaming out.
                I have buddies with a lease on the Annandale Ranch so I have seen it a bunch of times and never gets old.

Comment

Working...
                X