One thing that COVID has killed is customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that COVID has killed is customer service

Apparently businesses have decided that COVID is a great excuse to not service their customers. I can't tell you how many companies that I've dealt with lately either aren't open during their supposed ours of business or they just don't answer their phones. I own a business, and, even when we were shut down, we serviced our customers.
    Last edited by ultrastealth; 09-04-2020, 07:32 AM.

I wish this was as contagious as COVID...

Comment

I haven't had any issues with customer service or experienced anything of that nature. If anything what I have seen is employees deal with the new "normal" and still serve the customer.

Comment

We have our Service folks working from home and splitting rotations, with a smaller onsite staff working Service in the office.

Calls left for service and support, after hours, are routed via email - with the message and contact information attached to the email, with a dozen different service folks covering for follow-up.

Also using a web based service portal, that routes these requests, to the same email distribution list.

During business hours, we have a live receptionist, routing service requests into our system.

Nothing changed for us except employees, are working remotely to cover what they once covered, sitting in the Corporate office.

130 employees with 6000 restaurants and grocery store kitchens, requesting service, warranty and new installation service.

Comment

The OP is spot on. There are companies that are just throwing their hands up and then there are competitors that are raking in customers because they see this Covid mess as an opportunity and they are stepping up.

Comment

I agree with OP 100%

Comment

Costa has been the absolute worst CS I've dealt with during covid..

Comment

I'll bet 90 % of the time drive through orders are wrong/missing items that were paid for.

Comment

Customer service has had a preexisting condition for years.

Comment

It's amazing right now. We doubled down and kept working our butts off. Busier than ever. There are also several places I did business with before Covid for years and never will again based on how they've handled this. I'm all for taking precautions for the safety of your people but just throwing your hands up is a joke.

Comment

Some of our vendors are giving us problems with reduced staff, reduced hours of operation, and longer wait times. It's frustrating when we can't get a hold of necessary supplies while our crews are working full tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        The OP is spot on. There are companies that are just throwing their hands up and then there are competitors that are raking in customers because they see this Covid mess as an opportunity and they are stepping up.
                        So true

Comment

Yup try to call any company now they say our wait times are long due to covid leave a message or email us and then it hangs up. I dont see what covid has to do with picking up the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've experience this first hand numerous times, "due to covid 19 we can't do....". Most of it makes no sense and to me appears to simply be an excuse. I'm ditching those businesses who won't take care of their customers. I'm quiet frankly sick of hearing that BS as an excuse.

Comment

agree 1,000 percent - many of the larger corporations are using this as an excuse to cut staff and service. Hold times are ridiculous

On top of that so many companies are hiring foreign people to handle the phones for them. Most you cannot understand and many are clueless - pretty frustrating

Comment

Working...
                              X