Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great!

Comment

Stanbroil Liquid Propane Fire Pits 1/2" Air Mixer Valve - High Capacity 90K BTU Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RGW1MW..._iVwrFbVG31QQR

If you want your fire to burn cleaner and not build up soot on the glass, you can add one of these into your line. It’s essentially a Venturi valve to mix the air and gas before it gets to the ignition point on top of the glass. It’s pretty much like what is in a gas grill to burn clean. Flame will be blue instead of orange so you lose that campfire orange glow, but it will burn hotter and your propane will probably last a bit longer. Liked mine more after adding this in.

Comment

Thats what I put on mine. Just make sure the air mixer is at least 10" from the flame. Dont ask why I know that...

Comment

very nice DIY.... how much actual heat does it give off vs the wood burners...

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
            very nice DIY.... how much actual heat does it give off vs the wood burners...
            Surprisingly it puts off a good amount of heat. Not as much as an open fire pit, but you can definitely feel the heat and it will keep ya warm.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

That’s awesome.... need to do this.... wife hates the smoke

Comment

Built a similar propane fire pit for my daughters beach house in California.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                    Built a similar propane fire pit for my daughters beach house in California.
                    Looks really nice, she will enjoy the heck out of it !!!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Yep, very nice indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          Nice pit, I have been wanting to make one, but for wood burning.

I have heard that you should like the inside of the fire pits with fire bricks. Apparently the issue is normal bricks or pavers could hold water and heat up and crack/“pop” with the heat build up.

Anyone have experience with this or knowledge?
                          With the burner up high like it is, the pavers won't get enough heat to bust.

Comment

No ashes flying in the wind.

Comment

Where did you get the plate and the burner for under the blue Rick

Comment

2 hours is all you get on a full propane tank? That's kind of a spendy firepit considering I'd have no trouble sitting out there for half an hour to an hour every night... I do hate the smoke, too, but dang... I'd be spending $100/month on propane easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X