2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I'd launch at charlies. Froggies was ungodly packed last week and the idiots were in full force all around the dock. Plus froggies didn't have any bait until after 10am
    I am leaning towards Charlie's. Plenty of protected waters and there are plenty back lakes and channels I can explore after running her in the ICW to learn her limits and how she handles.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      I will be launching "Skipjack" for the first time Saturday morning just before daybreak at Charlie's or Froggie's (haven't decided). Is anyone else going to be in POC? The plan is to run the boat and get a feel for her then fish all day.

Michael

Man I was wanting to make this splash! Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Man I was wanting to make this splash! Hmmm
        Bring yourself on! At 0630 she will get Christened with a 21yr bottle of Frigate Reserve Rum that was gifted by one of the owners. I'll also be fishing with a fly he tied. Should be a pretty awesome day to see what she can do and would really like to see a few folks turn out.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          I am leaning towards Charlie's. Plenty of protected waters and there are plenty back lakes and channels I can explore after running her in the ICW to learn her limits and how she handles.

Michael

Charlie’s for sure. Great place sea trial and get shallow.

You build a beautiful boat. Hope it fished as good as it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
            Charlie’s for sure. Great place sea trial and get shallow.

You build a beautiful boat. Hope it fished as good as it looks.

Thank you sir!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              What happens when I leave momma at home alone? Sancho takes her fishin...[emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Haven't been on in a few days, WTG Mrs. Quackerbox!................and Sancho.

Comment

Saltwater Wade Video

Check out my video..........

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06yHwZUihbY&t=31s"]Fishing With Pop 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Another OLD saltwater video.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnSjag1Mgs"]Game Time - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Johnnys sport shop in Eagle Lake might have em...

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                    Anyone know where to pick up some Vudu’s between Brenham and Bay City?

Comment

We run a boyds system and just crack the handle open ... its set on one of the 2 lowest settings.. my bubble is the round tube one from Boyds. works great .. kept 3 large redfish alive during a kayak tourney a year or so ago..

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                      Thanks for the feedback, that was very helpful and very much appreciated. You're the 2nd person to mention water temp as being a big problem for bait. I was told putting a 1/2 gallon frozen jug of water in the livewell with the bait was a good idea to keep the temp down.

Comment

Did a quick wade in the surf with my son right before dark and got into em. All caught on bone DSL's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Did a quick wade in the surf with my son right before dark and got into em. All caught on bone DSL's.

Nice work!

Comment

Nice Johnny!

Comment

Thanks! Sitting on the beach now. Just an ankle slapper along the shore. We will see how it goes...fixin to jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Thanks! Sitting on the beach now. Just an ankle slapper along the shore. We will see how it goes...fixin to jump in.

Should be an awesome morning. Wish I were in the marsh throwing a topwater

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X