X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the 62# camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s too hot to fish! Go get a new bow!!!

Comment

You’re still my hero.

I cranked mine up for a nilgai hunt, but it will get backed down to about 62 when I start shooting again. For me that will likely be the day before season opens

Comment

Ive gotten a pass through on a sow with a 30# draw wieght after my shoulder surgery. I don't think I will ever go up to 70 again at 55 now I will probably stay there

Comment

trying my best to work up to sixty. LOL

Comment

I have always shot about 55 lbs. and I have killed tons of animals within seconds. It is about making a good shot and good broadhead.

If I was hunting Elk or something bigger I would shoot 60.

I know a young man who killed a HUGE elk with a 30-40 lb. bow when he was a kid so you know it isnt necessary.

Rick

Comment

60# in my old mission ballistic. Never felt the need for more.

Comment

I shoot 60.

Comment

My new bow (last year) is a 60. Have it set at 62. My old bow is a 70 have it set at 62. Now i need to turn my new one down a little. Can't help you on felt difference now, but the new one is easyer on my shoulder to draw.

Comment

Buff I’ve been shopping 60 pounds since 2006. It just makes it easier to draw when cold or in strange positions. I took a 60 pound Bowtech Invasion to South Africa last summer. I built some 450gr arrows using 75gr brass inserts and 100gr QAD exodus broadheads. I had a complete pass through on wart hog, impala, nyala, blue wildebeest, and gemsbok. I shot a zebra at 30 yards and the arrow was barely hanging by the nock and flipped out when he ran by a bush. I also buried the nock all the way into the chest cavity on a sable. You won’t have any problems killing animals with 60 pounds.

Comment

I'm not that old and my shoulders are in pretty good shape but I just got tired of fighting getting a 70lb bow trying to be really still when it's cold outside. Shooting is more enjoyable with a 55-60 lb bow and the right arrow cut on contact broadhead combo will still pass through just about anything on this continent.

Comment

I’m pulling 63 lbs. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

it's been a while since I've shot a compound, but couldn't you just turn your current bow down to 60 lbs?

My last compound was a Matthews Switchback XT and it was a 60-70 lb bow, I usually kept it at 65.

If I had to go back to a compound I wouldn't pull more than 60. No reason IMO.

Comment

It’s all a matter of how far you want the arrow into the dirt after a pass through.

Comment

60 is more than enough, especially if your setup correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X