No announcement yet.

Electrician Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go with heinemann breakers. They look similar to the breakers we had on our OLDER vessels offshore. They were bought out by Eaton, so if your looking for something similar, I would search for Eaton Heinemann.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      Being a lug in/lug out, you honestly have slot of options.
      This

Comment

You are asking for ID because you are changing them, correct?
        For what a 2 pole fused disconnect or 4 slot panel will cost. I would replace the whole thing with more of a weather-resistant/rainproof enclosure. Make sure you coat your terminations with penetrox or copper shield. You have moisture issues in that area.

Comment

we had some similar at our lease in Llano, the breakers were $100 each ( liked to fell over...) for a 60A , I would look at replacing the entire set up, most of those old breakers are not being made and the ones still around are $$$

Comment

So a metal box is a metal box.
            If you can't find the breakers anymore or if they're ridiculously expensive, you could swap out the guts.
            Just buy a Ge box steal it's parts and screw them into your old box

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
              If you can't find the breakers anymore or if they're ridiculously expensive, you could swap out the guts.
              A metal box is a metal box if you are talking about metal boxes. This is what is called an electrical enclosure. Before any manufacturer can sell an electrical item it needs to be tested in the manner of which it left the factory. By swapping out the guts with another make or model will remove the "UL rating"(Underwriters labs) on the enclosure and alter the way it left the factory. An insurance company/ code would not consider it a proper installation or safe. It is better to replace the whole thing.

Comment

Just replace it all. You will be better off.

Just remember you will need four wires going to your cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  Just replace it all. You will be better off.

Just remember you will need four wires going to your cabin.
                  2 hots
                  1 common
                  1 ground

??

Comment

So I also assume, even though it has two 70 amp single pole breakers, this is a 70 AMP service?

Which means my cabin will only have 70 amps available to its breaker box?
                    Last edited by ecallarman; 02-20-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                      I have thought about that, but this a combo meter/main assembly, and I didn't really want to try and get the rural electricity company to come out.

Comment

Working...
                      X