Deerview quality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deerview quality check

To start off a short but funny/ scary story, I’m a dumb arse! And have accepted it in this situation. Before the hunt , we were discussing me rifle hunting out of my big bow blind and that there was really no way to shoot other than free hand. So , tim offered his shooting sticks and Jokes were made that if his sticks caused any issues that I would have to throw said sticks over the fence! Well in the blind , I set up sticks checked heights and clearances, seemed stable and was happy . Out comes the deer I was hunting all alone from at least 500yds out! Watched him come in , lay down for a nap then continued my way! Got all excited, got set up , had a perfect broadside shot at 150ish yards and BOOM! All hell broke loose in the stand! Ears ringing, stuff falling off shelves and that’s when I realized that either Tim’s shooting sticks lost a little pressure or my chair did and I had put a hole directly through the window frame of my brand new window! Stunned as I was, I noticed the deer had not even looked my direction but was behind some brush and all I could see was his head and neck! Put the gun out another window and he dropped in his tracks! Thankfully! I don’t know if the ribbing I got from shooting my stand would be bearable if I didn’t come back with a deer! All in all I’m very impressed with deerview!
    Attached Files

Wow.. funny but scary too!

Comment

Think peep hole !

Comment

The deer
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow crazy glad your ok and got your deer.

Comment

Did same thing with slick trick. Complete pass thru

Comment

Where you reckon that round ended up?
              Congrats on the kill

Comment

You know the muzzle goes out the window right? Haha. Dang I bet that was loud

Comment

You must have an insulated blind that helps muffle the sound

Congrats on your deer!!!

Comment

About time you posted this, if you didn't... then I would have... you know it wasn't my veteran sticks! I'm thinking the WEEEEEAK cylinder in the chair was OVERLOADED....

Congrats again!

Comment

Wow glad you didn't get hurt, congrats on the buck.

Comment

Tim, didn’t you hunt my stand the weekend before? Reckon that’s why it’s weak?

Comment

A friend of mine was shooting across the hood of his truck,,,, no need to explain you know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsp View Post
                            Tim, didn’t you hunt my stand the weekend before? Reckon that’s why it’s weak?
                            I did but we did use the trigger stick, and we stuck the barrel OUT of the window.

Comment

Fill her with silicone! Congrats on the buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X