Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-16-2019, 11:10 PM   #1
pervis
Ten Point

Default Led headlights

So it's been on here b4 and we never really came up with an answer. Well my commuter cars regular beams went out so I decided to get some led ones to replace em with. Lightning dark are what i went with on Amazon. 55 bucks for a set.
After replacing the regular beams, I've now done my high beams, my interior lights and day bulbs. I'm impressed.
I've now ordered another 2 sets to do my 18 250s headlamps.
Just thought I'd share. To me I'm impressed with the gains in brightness and clarity of the headlamps. No more old red orange look to the light output.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
MQ32Shooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
So it's been on here b4 and we never really came up with an answer. Well my commuter cars regular beams went out so I decided to get some led ones to replace em with. Lightning dark are what i went with on Amazon. 55 bucks for a set.
After replacing the regular beams, I've now done my high beams, my interior lights and day bulbs. I'm impressed.
I've now ordered another 2 sets to do my 18 250s headlamps.
Just thought I'd share. To me I'm impressed with the gains in brightness and clarity of the headlamps. No more old red orange look to the light output.
Thanks for the review on these. Iíve wanted to update my Sylvania Daystars, but seems like everyone I talk to said donít waste your money unless youíre willing to spend hundreds of bucks updating your entire lighting system. Good to know these work.
MQ32Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

There’s lots of options that work, it just depends on how well they work.

The problem with some LEDs is that they don’t focus the light down the road. This is noticed in reflector housings as they don’t have lenses like projectors do.

The real problem is blinding people. With increasing the measurable lux output, it’s going to be brighter on oncoming traffic as well.

The danger of the increase in brightness is losing down road vision. Hopefully you didn’t sacrifice that with your setup. It’s pretty important at highway speeds.
12RingKing is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #4
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
Thereís lots of options that work, it just depends on how well they work.

The problem with some LEDs is that they donít focus the light down the road. This is noticed in reflector housings as they donít have lenses like projectors do.

The real problem is blinding people. With increasing the measurable lux output, itís going to be brighter on oncoming traffic as well.

The danger of the increase in brightness is losing down road vision. Hopefully you didnít sacrifice that with your setup. Itís pretty important at highway speeds.
Easy to recognize the LED lights approaching you---and I don't think the gains in visibility outweigh the offset in visibility to oncomers.
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #5
pervis
Ten Point

I haven't had anyone flash me yet to turn off my low beams. I'm very happy w the lightning dark LEDs. Gona put em on my 18 250 when I get off work on sun this coming weekend
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top