Generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator?

If you were buying a generator for RV which one?
    Honda eu3000
    Generac IQ3500

I've got couple of the 2000 Hondas I run in parallel for my rv work great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy the Honda, I have one that is 31 years old and it starts on the second pull. Lots of hours on it. At one point, it ran for eight days straight.

Comment

Honda...............

Comment

Both are unreal ! I’d buy which one ran quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the little Honda’s and the 3000, all work great.

Comment

Just purchased a Generac gp3000i,and I am very impressed with how quiet it is. Have yet to max it out yet though.

Comment

don't know which is best...……………….
                But, without a doubt...…
                Honda, makes the finest engine, on the planet...………...

Comment

Based on those two....I'd go with Honda. I'm currently using a predator 3300 from harbor freight and it's been good for three years. However, it's a little heavy to just run the AC

Comment

Honda eu3000is
                    1 has 1881 hours
                    1 has 236 hours
                    Never one problem.

Comment

So, how big a genny is needed to run everything in a camper with two a/c's. Lots of the "RV ready" ones are in the 3500 to 4000w range. Doesn't seem like quite enough. Also, are the inverter gens the way to go? Thanks

Comment

IF the Honda EU3000 is big enough to run your RV, I'd go with 2 EU2000i's with the parallel hook ups. This is what I did on my bowfishing boat. More run capacity, and each EU2000i weighs 47 pounds full of gas!! That 3000 is well over 200 pounds. AND 2 EU2000i's are cheaper than 1 EU2000i. I was running my 24 volt troller with a converter and 10 big HPS lights on those 2 gennys. They'd run all night on a gallon of gas each. During Ike, I kept my freezers going with them. They'd run all night long and well into the next day on that same gallon of gas... Most efficient and best watt/pound of weight you will ever get.

Comment

3K unit wouldn't run any of my campers. 3,500 minimum.

Comment

Honda all day

Comment

Make sure whatever you get has an available auxiliary gas tank. I have two Westinghouse inverter generators that I parallel, and they work great, but filling them with gas is a PITA and I’m always spilling it everywhere. Unfortunately there are no external fuel tanks available, nor do they make compatible gas caps so I can make my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X