New Lease Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lease Rules

So I’m reaching out to my fellow TBH members for advice. The land I have hunted on the past 5 years owned by my old college roommate’s dad, is being revamped to be leased out. I obviously got a spot but knew that there would have to be rules established from the beginning to keep it from becoming a disaster.

My question for y’all is what are some reasonable rules y’all have had or followed at your leases? I could probably think of a million but I’d rather hear some that are tried and true to bring to the table at our first meeting.

Thanks in advance

Don’t make so many rules that the fun is replaced by dread and anxiety.
    No interrupting others hunt because you could not get in the woods on time
    Stands and feeders are optional. Most fun hunting is done on the ground hidden by brush.
    There’s a billion possibilities but only a few are necessary

Comment

Speed limits. Things can go wrong real fast if hauling *** everywhere.

Comment

Have fun. Go hunting

Comment

Whatever you decide on put them in writing and have all members sign a copy.

Comment

Pretty broad question depending on management goals. For starters there should be a guest policy in place along with basic camp/safety rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
              Have fun. Go hunting
              Yeah I get that but we need to start somewhere and set ground rules that everyone has to abide by.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                Pretty broad question depending on management goals. For starters there should be a guest policy in place along with basic camp/safety rules.
                Fair enough. We’re looking to build the population, we have about 5/6 8 points coming in on camera that are only 2 1/2 years old so bucks are off limits for about a year or 2 unless a brute comes in during rut. Guests for sure, didn’t think about that. And as selfish as it may sound we haven’t really allowed anyone else to bring guests all this time so I don’t think we’ll start now but definitely a good point to bring up.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                  Whatever you decide on put them in writing and have all members sign a copy.
                  Yes! We’re going to have a final copy of the lease agreement and lease rules laminated and pinned up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
                    Speed limits. Things can go wrong real fast if hauling *** everywhere.
                    Okay! Or maybe setting times where motor vehicles aren’t allowed (during hunting hours)

Comment

How many acres, high fenced or low. Guessing low since you said may come in with rut. Just speaking from the hip but if your hunting under several thousand aces of low fence, just put general rules in place. Everyone will have more fun and feel better about the whole thing.

Comment

Judgment at the skinning rack helped from young bucks getting killed. Outside of that, common sense.

Comment

Pretty much our only rule is “Don’t be a jerk to the landowner.” Other than that, I’d suggest get an understanding of everyone’s goals or what they want out of the lease and experience. Be realistic and consistent. Most importantly, Have Fun!!!

Comment

No guests. Get the right people on as members and you won't need any other rules, or want to bring guests. Works for us.

Comment

Inviting the wrong guest, has probably caused more lease problems than everything else combined.Especially if y'all are looking at passing on your young bucks for a few years, I'd say "NO GUESTS".

Comment

Working...
                              X