• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 for 5 so far.

Comment

0 for 6 so far

Comment

0 for 8 so far. Still have 20 plus I'm in draws for the next few go rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
          Between my kids, myself and buddies/myself, we've got something like 35ish hunts in this next draw! Pretty excited for this next round. I've got 6 LP's in the Gun Categories, not expecting anything there! Really pulling for my kids to draw either A/S or a Gun MGMT Permit!!!
          I am in for 25 hunts yet to draw and I am in the Raffle for the Big Time Texas hunts 10 times! Good Luck to you and your kids!!

Comment

Finally broke my drought streak. I got drawn private lands Comal Co and Travis Co. Just put in for my 9/15 deadlines.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
              I Drew Private Lands- Antlerless/Spike (Gun) on Travis County Ranch in December. I had 4 Loyalty Points to draw this one. These cost $10.00 per applicant to enter, so maybe not as many people apply. I already accepted and they have sent me my Permit. These cost Zero Dollars to hunt so I consider this a Win-Win! My lucky streak continues! Come on Sept !5 and Nov 1 for the other Drawings!
              I got drawn for this as well. The reviews are sketchy.
              Last edited by .270; 09-13-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Its a doe hunt. Just go have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                  I got drawn for this as well. The reviews are sketchy.
                  Yes sir, totally agree! I will be honest that hunting inside the Liberal Mecca of Austin, Texas is not something that i signed up for! Calling it a "Travis County Ranch" is misleading at best! At least I am only out $10.00 . I have thought about calling Brandon Crawford, the person running the hunt and ask a few questions with out telling him what I already know and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                    Yes sir, totally agree! I will be honest that hunting inside the Liberal Mecca of Austin, Texas is not something that i signed up for! Calling it a "Travis County Ranch" is misleading at best! At least I am only out $10.00 . I have thought about calling Brandon Crawford, the person running the hunt and ask a few questions with out telling him what I already know and see what he says.
                    I hear this is actually a pretty good hunt and a buddy shot a nice buck out there a few years ago. They call it "Travis County Ranch" because it is literally just outside of Austin and calling it the Austin Wildlife area and having hunts their would cause the hippies in Austin to picket outside the place, lol. Should be a really good hunt- enjoy it.

Comment

Come on midnight!

I'ma zero on all hunts so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Come on midnight!

I'ma zero on all hunts so far.
                        Nothing is happening at midnight. Draw should be Friday.

Comment

I know. I'ma just hope-n they jump the gun! It's OK to hope ain't it?

And tomorrow is the last day to get the apps in!

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                            I hear this is actually a pretty good hunt and a buddy shot a nice buck out there a few years ago. They call it "Travis County Ranch" because it is literally just outside of Austin and calling it the Austin Wildlife area and having hunts their would cause the hippies in Austin to picket outside the place, lol. Should be a really good hunt- enjoy it.
                            My dad and I hunted out there for the antlerless hunt a few years ago. It was ok. You have an assigned blind and are staring at a feeder. I saw one of the biggest bucks I’ve laid eyes on at my feeder, big 10 point with kickers and another smaller buck. Neither of us saw a doe. Hunt coordinator said they try to keep deer numbers low to keep the habitat intact for whatever endangered bird they are trying to protect that migrates through that area. Success numbers aren’t terrible though so there’s at least some deer on the place. Strange hunting in plain view of all those giant houses out that way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I know. I'ma just hope-n they jump the gun! It's OK to hope ain't it?

And tomorrow is the last day to get the apps in!

Great reminder! I still need to get these applications done.

You smellin what I’m steppin in!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                                Great reminder! I still need to get these applications done.

You smellin what I’m steppin in!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                First time I've heard that from anyone since the bar owner in Wyoming said it 100 times while we were the only customers there. I tried to start using it and couldn't get it to stick lol. That dude was crazy, had a whole table of.food out but no license so it was free with tips, we drank all night, myself heavily, and so did he. When we tried to leave he would say next round is on him, like 4 times. They were open til 2am but his wife wanted to kick us out so they could go to bed and they had furious arguments right in front of us. There was two feet of snow piled up on the roads and the plow doesn't hit that road after dark but he kept saying other people might be coming in. Finally called it just to be nice and asked for the tab, he charged me for 3 beers, wife for two and my boys for one each. We tipped heavily but I don't think he's gonna be in business long lol.

As for the apps, I always wait til the last day simply to keep my money longer and have a pretty poor track record for draws. Heck it too my 4 points to get Laguna archery.
                                Last edited by justletmein; 09-14-2022, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X