No announcement yet.

Dove hunting today!!! Post pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out today in northern falls county with my boys. We got 5, and that was about 50% of what we saw. There’s just no birds in our area this year.

Comment

Dove hunting today!!! Post pictures.

Had a great weekend in George West hunting the special whitewing opener with my youngest brother and his buddies. Helluva nice group of guys that love to shoot birds and make sure those around them do to. Long drive but the birds and the food were incredible both days and nights. Ran into ol TexasCanesFan while we were down there hunting with the same outfitter. Good to see you and your crew Joe.

Day one....two separate tailgates for our crew on the first day due to us trying to get my buddy and his boy limited and the others heading to the cleaning station. They were in a slow area of the field and still managed 23. The boy is just coming into his own and managed 13 of those in a field full of chaos.... Proud of him. Everybody else with limits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3593.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	24691980

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	24691981

Day two found us standing in the rain the first 30 minutes in a smaller field of sunflowers and we thought it was going to get rained out after an hour based on the radar. Crazy enough the forecasts went from 50-75% all afternoon to 25% in that hour. Beautiful afternoon of bird hunting and done by 5. Lotta mournings to dodge but we picked through them to get our white wings. My nephew is a helluva shot and got done before his uncle that day...lol. Smaller crew Saturday due to the rain forecasts.

My birds

Name:	IMG_3547.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24691982

Name:	IMG_3552.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	24691983

Funny pic....youngest brother was on Day 5 after a Covid positive test. Other than the test and one day of coughing/congestion, you couldn't even tell he was sick but we "played it safe" for the boy's moms…. He wanted in the pic though still.[emoji23][emoji23]

Name:	IMG_3557.jpg
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	24691984
      Last edited by Smart; 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Had a great weekend in George West hunting the special whitewing opener with my youngest brother and his buddies. Helluva nice group of guys that love to shoot birds and make sure those around them do to. Long drive but the birds and the food were incredible both days and nights. Ran into ol TexasCanesFan while we were down there hunting with the same outfitter. Good to see you and your crew Joe.

Day one....two separate tailgates for our crew on the first day due to us trying to get my buddy and his boy limited and the others heading to the cleaning station. They were in a slow area of the field and still managed 23. The boy is just coming into his own and managed 13 of those in a field full of chaos.... Proud of him. Everybody else with limits.

Day two found us standing in the rain the first 30 minutes in a smaller field of sunflowers and we thought it was going to get rained out after an hour based on the radar. Crazy enough the forecasts went from 50-75% all afternoon to 25% in that hour. Beautiful afternoon of bird hunting and done by 5. Lotta mournings to dodge but we picked through them to get our white wings. My nephew is a helluva shot and got done before his uncle that day...lol. Smaller crew Saturday due to the rain forecasts.

My birds

Funny pic....youngest brother was on Day 5 after a Covid positive test. Other than the test and one day of coughing/congestion, you couldn't even tell he was sick but we "played it safe" for the boy's moms…. He wanted in the pic though still.[emoji23][emoji23]

[ATTACH]1101093[/ATTACH]
        Looks like y’all had a great hunt. What outfit or place did you go to? I’d like to take my kids on something like this.

Comment

Great pics gang...my spot up north continues to get hammered & while I hate to miss the opener, I cannot help but sit & grin about the parched watershed getting a MUCH needed drink!!

Looks like the wet stuff stays in our short term future & man is it a wonderful blessing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
            Looks like y’all had a great hunt. What outfit or place did you go to? I’d like to take my kids on something like this.

Katzfey Ranches https://katzfeyranches.com/ The family members I spoke with, including Mark the owner, were great folks. Their venue and facility for the bird cleaning and meals were top notch.

Comment

Looks like great times by all, glad to success and good times. I’m looking forward to the south zone opener. Thanks to everyone posting up pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Amazing weekend 338!
                Attached Files

Comment

Kyle, was she swimming to cool off? Or swimming for birds? Or both?

Comment

Found online and to funny not to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Kyle, was she swimming to cool off? Or swimming for birds? Or both?
                      Retrieved probably 10 of 15 from pond. Temperature this weekend has been awesome for September in throckmorton
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[ATTACH]1101088[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101089[/ATTACH]

My birds

[ATTACH]1101091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101092[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1101093[/ATTACH]

Great trip Senor

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Great trip Senor

Thank you JFT! Great few days for you and Kayden as well!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along. Great pics and looks like some great times it’s especially good to see the Family events with passing family traditions down to the young guns.

Comment

Bunch of good times had in this thread. Later this month I will be out after them.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                                I killed a few Thursday and Friday in the yard, nothing to write home about. I'm 38 with 5 kids. (4 girls and a boy). My oldest is 17, youngest is a set of boy/girl twins at 10 months. My oldest 2 love to fish but have never cared to hunt. In 17 years of being a dad, I just wanted one of my kids to hunt with me, and participate. Yesterday, my 15 year old killed 3 dove. The first kills of any of my kids and it meant so much to me. Anyhow, she threatened me about posting her picture looking like this, but I ain't scared of her. We killed 8 total, both of us shooting single shots. May have been a couple skillet shots. [emoji16]

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                                I'd say she's hooked. 4 of us shot 50 birds this evening in the back yard. My dad, her and I in the pic. She's ready to quit sports cause practice is getting in the way of bird killin'.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X