No announcement yet.

Whistling ducks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can protect your crop from waterfowl. Pretty sure farmers can shoot ducks and geese in their fields anytime, they just can’t retrieve them. May be the exception.

I had a picture of one on my garage. Tapacrap wont post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing them in Beaumont growing up. Now I see them all over town. I have a pair with 9 babies in my pond right now. It does seem like they can take over mighty quick.

Comment

Best tasting duck? Is that like taking home the least ugly ugly chick from a party?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          Best tasting duck? Is that like taking home the least ugly ugly chick from a party?
          The ones I’ve eaten have all been delicious, they mostly feed on milo and corn down here. You see them around the grain silos by the hundreds. I think the duck your talking about is a merganser. There worse than the 10at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
            I think you can protect your crop from waterfowl. Pretty sure farmers can shoot ducks and geese in their fields anytime, they just can’t retrieve them. May be the exception.

I had a picture of one on my garage. Tapacrap wont post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Uhhhhhh no

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Stop shooting all the bobcats and they'll learn to hunt the ducks at your feeder. Man I love watching bobcats hunt quail, but it was impressive seeing one take out a whistler duck back when I was a kid.

Comment

Had a buddy spray paint pea gravel yellow and put it all over the sendaro on the way to his feed pen. Said they came to it and he killed a few.

Comment

Trotline baited with corn. No shooting involved.
                  At least that's what I read on the internet.

Comment

We have some show up every year at the feeder and never have issues with deer... Our Deer do HATE Turkeys they run off every turkey that steps close

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                      We have some show up every year at the feeder and never have issues with deer... Our Deer do HATE Turkeys they run off every turkey that steps close
                      Lemme know if u need someone to thin dem turks in da spring

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        You’re missing out…… that’s ok, more for us.

Delicious little creatures.

They are actually in the goose family.
                        werd

Comment

They're not invasive. They are a native bird that's range has been expanding rapidly over the last decade or longer. They are more common the further south you go.

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                            Screw an owl decoy from TSC to top of feeder, it will work for a while.

Does having sex on top of the feeder with a fake owl really scare them away? How did you find this out?

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              I don't remember ever seeing them in Beaumont growing up. Now I see them all over town. I have a pair with 9 babies in my pond right now. It does seem like they can take over mighty quick.
                              They weren't in town when I was growing up either, but rice farmers would get depredation tags to shoot them in the spring.

I got a dozen on the powerline back of my house in Houston every night.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Does having sex on top of the feeder with a fake owl really scare them away? How did you find this out?

Comment

Working...
                                X