Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinions on Ozone Generators (Ozonics) for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bowhunterhelm said is my exact experience.

100% no doubt imho has made a positive difference in our hunts in Lavaca County. We hunt same stands year over year and often with wrong wind (only have two bow blinds). While wary, I notice the difference when I am too lazy, forget or just don't bring because it's summer time ./ only a pig hunt on how much different the animals react.

My two cents.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I haven’t now hinted in years but I used to use one in ground blinds and pop ups. Got it as a gift. I think it worked but wouldn’t ever spend that much myself for one. I remember one time I set a popup in basically an open pasture and brushed it in best I could. It stuck out like a sore thumb but it was the only place there were good bucks on camera. Had several bucks come in and the biggest one would walk straight downwind of me putting his nose in the air trying to wind me and would walk back to eating corn with the others. He did that several times and never winded me. Hogs I noticed it didn’t work on. If they got downwind they were gone.

I think it works but I don’t bow hunt anymore so haven’t used it in years!

Comment

When set up correctly I truly believe they work. I was very skeptical till the following happened.

Was in my krivo and had one window open. Ozonics overhead and pointed out the window. I had several deer from 8-20 yards directly downwind. They were calm as can be. I forgot to take my battery and charge it that night from using it both hunts before. Unit died. Within 30 seconds those deer busted me.

I’ve had deer within a few feet while using it. Downwind. I’m not saying I haven’t had that without an Ozonics but when set up correctly I have yet to get busted. I do not see it working in a tree stand in open air near as well as a ground blind where you can control where scent escapes and lay down that Ozonics over it.

Comment

I think it makes a noticeable difference if you are bow hunting from an enclosed blind, and have the ozonics running on the downwind side of the blind. I have killed savy low fence bucks in 2020 and 2021 - in October (90 degrees w/ the wind blowing over their approach) that I think would have smelled me w/o the ozonics.

They checked the air -smelled something that made them pause - but came in. I think they would have stopped, smelled, and took off, if I was not running the machine.

I think I have enough of a sample size using, and not using it, that I would say it does work - but is not a fail safe.

If I run the ozonics inside an enclosed blind w/ the windows closed - it makes me sick.

Comment

I’ll add that I strongly dislike the fan noise. More than once I haven’t heard deer approach that I normally would have without the noise.

Comment

How have so many mature, huge bucks been killed over the years before "Ozionics" was on the market?

Hunters are just like golfers - toss any "new and shiny" product that makes the promise it will make them successful and people will fall for it and worse yet, pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                How have so many mature, huge bucks been killed over the years before "Ozionics" was on the market?

Hunters are just like golfers - toss any "new and shiny" product that makes the promise it will make them successful and people will fall for it and worse yet, pay for it.
                Very useful information. Thanks for your contribution…

I believe they work. As has already been said, I have had better luck with them in a blind versus on a tree stand.

Comment

Nah….you fools that naive?

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Nah….you fools that naive?
                    Big antlers on the wall speak volumes

Comment

I take dirty socks and old tennis shoes and spread them around the feeders. After a while the deer start to associate my scent with food.

I get to the blind and strip naked and the deer come running.

Comment

Im of the opinion of gimmicky enough that I'm not interested in the hassle (charging, toting around, setting up) for deer hunting. If everyone that used it swore by it, I might would try it. I do however believe that it has odor killing qualities.

I killed my last buck, a 6+ year old, straight downwind at 14 yards from 10' up a tree. If I had an ozonics with me I would swear by them, but I didn't. In fact I was covered in sweat from setting a new stand a couple hundred yards away for the next day. But I was wearing sitka, that's what did it. [emoji16]

Iv been busted by some, and watched some deer downwind hundreds of times over the years. Why do some blow out, and some don't? How could I say that anything worked with those results?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by LivinADream; 07-27-2022, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Does it? Whatcha got rifle boy

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            I’ve known passthrough for years and I know for a fact all he kills is runts. I remember how excited he was that one time he shot a 3.5 year old 132” because he thought it would net P&Y.

Comment

I think they help more than they will hurt you. Some deer will come in downwind and never know you are there. Others come in and know something is different. Some will leave, some may just be on guard to the different smell.
                              I've got to where I ozone all my hunting clothes and just leave them in a small closet and run the ozonics in there. I leave them in there all hunting season. Most of the time I change in the field right before I go hunting and don't bring the ozonics with me. I rarely get winded and seem to spook less deer that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I’m not a full believer and have bought and used one … see above.

Fixed it for myself..

Comment

Working...
                                X